Whizzer Newsletter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quenton Guenther

Vendor
Local time
6:12 PM
Here is the latest information on the Whizzer Newsletter.

As many know I currently write an article for the newsletter on new edition Whizzers and a good friend of mine supplies articles on the vintage Whizzers. This is "must reading" for all Whizzer owners.

STAY IN TOUCH WITH THE WHIZZER MOTORBIKE HOBBY:
SUBSCRIBE TO THE WHIZZER NEWSLETTER!
The Whizzer Newsletter is a monthly publication that helps keep hobbyists abreast of related activities, activities. and includes technical articles that may help solve problems folks are having with their machines, plus other related information, and pictures sent in by subscribers. We are not a "club," per se, but an amalgamated group of like-minded enthusiasts who want to keep the Whizzer hobby alive. There are no officers or business meetings or dues, just people who are willing to write articles and submit photos, as well as plan special events, Whizzer rides, swap meets and get-togethers; this unofficial system has worked for as long as we have been in the hobby (since 1984), and has continued since Mary Kay Reibel and I took over newsletter responsibilities in February of 2010.

Subscriptions are $25 per year (January through December), which is simply to cover printing and mailing costs. I (Carolyn Williams) format and edit the newsletter, and Mary Kay Reibel gets it printed and mailed out. To simplify record-keeping, subscriptions run from January through December. New subscribers who sign up later than January are sent back issues. Subscribers span the country, from California to New York, Montana to Florida, with the heaviest concentration in Illinois.

We welcome newcomers to the Whizzer Hobby, and hope they will get the enjoyment from owning, riding, and working/playing with these machines as much as we do. Subscribers will read about and/or meet others who share their enthusiasm and who may have useful information to impart.

Paid-up subscribers are entitled to run Whizzer-related classified ads, free of charge, as well as have their hobby business cards displayed (as space permits).

We're also happy to hear from guys who want to "relive" their Whizzer Days, and especially interested in men who still have the original Whizzer they obtained as a kid. The newsletters include information on how to submit stories about your "Whizzer Experience," pictures and/or updates on your projects, rides, special events or technical questions you may have.

For more information, please contact:

editor Carolyn Williams, carregwms58@earthlink.net

or

circulation manager Mary Kay Reibel, mkhansenreibel@aol.com

Hope to hear from you. Keep Whizzering!

Carolyn & Reg Williams

Mary Kay and Ben Reibel

Have fun,

The Whizzer Newsletter is really a must have. lots of info and is always nice to see what's going on with Whizzers through out our country. Quenton and Fred always have some great articles on the working of Whizzers. Ray

I got my first Whizzer Newsletter, and it's great. I've read it prolly 5 times. Quenton's Corner is really detailed and thorough.

I've got every issue back to 2005 and still read them!

Just a reminder, Good time to subcribe to the whizzer newsletter.

I write articles abouts New Edition Whizzers, and Fred White has been covering the vintage Whizzers. Good place to keep track of upcomming events and rides. Lots of pictures.

See post #1 for information

Have fun,

Folks,
I've signed up for the newsletter and purchased back issues from 2010-2011. So, I've got a lot of catching up to do! Mason-Man, Atlanta CPR and Quenton are correct....a must have technical reference for our machines and the goings-on in the hobby!

Having quickly gone over the issues, I just want to put it out there for those who HAVE NOT considered getting this newsletter, please think again! For any Whizzer newbie like myself, this little publication is priceless with the valuable information from Quenton regarding the New Edition whizzers and Fred White for the vintage Whizzer. Just my opinion, but getting back issues from 2010-2011 alone will explain the intracacies of our newer Whizzers and the many variations on the motors as production moved along until the end with the NER and Ambassador......

My compliments to Mary Kay Reibel, Carolyn Williams, Quenton, Fred White and others who put together and contribute to this gem of a little newsletter!

Take Care,
Mike

March Whizzer Newsletter is one of is's best! Fred and Quenton offer some really great info, the Newsletter also revisits some of Bob Bakers Whizzer Newsletter at times. In February's Newsletter Johnny Johnson is doing a rework on the WC-1 valve seats. He also makes a OHV for the Whizzer. I think that makes it #4 OHV for Whizzer. Both issues will have lots of follow-ups, would be a good time to get signed up.

Ray

The April Whizzer Newsletter is once again at it's best!

Quenton has given us some excellent insigth to the WC-1 and things look promising. Lots more to come.

Fred White has started, (Birth of the Whizzer Pacemaker) this is the frist month and should take a few months to cover. I can't think of any book that will cover the Pacemaker more thourgh, this is history in the making!!

Ron Dow, Veteran Whizzer Man also has some tounge hanging work he's doing!

For those who have not seen what a Whizzer Newsletter looks like here's a peek.

Attachments

• 3-31-2012 11;41;13 AM.jpg
    3-31-2012 11;41;13 AM.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 782
  • 3-31-2012 11;43;03 AM.jpg
    3-31-2012 11;43;03 AM.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 766
  • 3-31-2012 11;43;46 AM.jpg
    3-31-2012 11;43;46 AM.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 770
Last edited:
Status