Whizzer problems

Vuit

Local time
6:50 AM
I bought a 1999 Whizzer a few weeks ago and it's been running fairly well up until recently, it doesn't seem to go past 25 MPH now and the muffler keeps coming loose. It easily got up to 30-35 MPH just a week ago and now it's having a hard time getting to 25, when I try the throttle, it seems like the belt just doesn't grip and I don't go any faster, I also hear a loud squeaking when I do that as well. I know the bearings in the rear wheel are bad but that hadn't been an issue with speed. I really am at a loss. Any help or advice would be very much appreciated. I can get photos if needed.

I bought a 1999 Whizzer a few weeks ago and it's been running fairly well up until recently, it doesn't seem to go past 25 MPH now and the muffler keeps coming loose. It easily got up to 30-35 MPH just a week ago and now it's having a hard time getting to 25, when I try the throttle, it seems like the belt just doesn't grip and I don't go any faster, I also hear a loud squeaking when I do that as well. I know the bearings in the rear wheel are bad but that hadn't been an issue with speed. I really am at a loss. Any help or advice would be very much appreciated. I can get photos if needed.
@Wrench is our resident Whizzer commando, maybe he'll pop by and give you some advice. But repost this in the Whizzer forum, because there are some other guys with that knowledge.

I bought a 1999 Whizzer a few weeks ago and it's been running fairly well up until recently
@Wrench is our resident Whizzer commando, maybe he'll pop by and give you some advice. But repost this in the Whizzer forum, because there are some other guys with that knowledge.
Wrench is off on vacation again and won't be back until the 23rd of August.

Where would I find that?
Right here...Its on the main page of the forums, just got to scroll down to find it...lol.

Welcome to Whizzer Vuit! Pictures will definitely help. Let's see if I could help you out. Is your 99 still WC-1? If it is, cylinder will look like this.
20220619_171622~2.jpg

Also, if your belts are slipping, is it the front belt? Or rear? You'll need to adjust them, move the motor forward. Then move your rear wheel back some. Which means you might need to add a half link.

Keep us posted and pictures.

Thanks,
Ray

Also, if your belts are slipping, is it the front belt? Or rear? You'll need to adjust them, move the motor forward. Then move your rear wheel back some. Which means you might need to add a half link.

Keep us posted and pictures.

Thanks,
Ray
I think it's the rear belt

Back