Whizzer restrictor mod

srdavo

Local time
6:02 PM
I saw the brochure online and it said 25 MPH max speed - that was a bit disappointing. But I found this site and it says you can do different levels of modifications to increase the speed.

I don't want to do anything to increase it to the level of insanity (I would love to see someone on one of those!!!) - but I would like to do the mod that Quenton Guenther mentioned where you make the opening on the restrictor plate in the carb to give it a little more top end. Right now I can slooooowly get it up 35 MPH - but I would love for 40 or 45 to be the max since most of the roads I will drive on will be 40 max.

Since I don't know much about these machines - anyone happen to have a pic or two showing the carb and restrictor plate assembly so I know what to disassemble and modify?

Best regards,

Matthew

My new Whizzer

I'll try to help you. There are 2 10mm nuts that hold the carb on. remove these and slide the carb off the studs. It should be able to hang on the throttle cable out of the way. Next you should see a thin gasket. Behide this should be the restrictor plate. It is a hard material and is not the same color as the gasket. Mine are all a lighter shade of brown. Almost tan in color. Slide this off the studs. Now make the opening in this plate match the opening in the intake on the cylinder. This will help a lot. Reassemble in the same order you removed the plate and gaskets. Tighten the nuts and enjoy. I hope this helps.

Jim

Jim, thank you so much - that does help a lot! Have a great Saturday.

Matthew

copied/pasted from intro..... http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=9571
anyone have pics?

I am this close to trying it without the aid of a photo or diagram - but something in me - that little voice that says, "You know without a reference to look at you are going to wind up with pile of pieces on the ground and yourself next to them curled up in the fetal position weeping like a little girl" - that voice kept me from trying it today.

I am still scouring forums and the internet for one simple photo or diagram...just one. No luck yet. If I get brave enough to try it I will be sure to document the carnage in hi-res photos for all to laugh at!!!

:)

Regards,

Matthew

This picture shows the carb mounted with the restrictor in place. It is the brown gasket like item on the studs behind the carb. This needs to be opened up to match the intake opening on the cylinder. This restrictor has to be in place to protect the carb from the high heat of the engine. Don't remove it just open the hole. Sorry I don't have any other pictures now but I think this helps to understand where it is.

Jim

Attachments

• IMG_0302a.jpg
    IMG_0302a.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 807
Jim, thanks for the photo. I took a photo of mine and circled the area in red - so are you saying that is where the restrictor plate is?

Regards,

Matthew

Attachments

• Whizzer 004 (Medium).jpg
    Whizzer 004 (Medium).jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 862
Since I only have 42 miles on the Whizzer - do you think it wise to wait until after the recommended 500 mile break-in period to make this modification?

Regards,

Matthew

Well if you still observe the break in regiment, you should be fine. The temptation will be there to "open it up" after you do the mod so be careful.

Jim

Hi Moon,
I can tell you for sure if you remove or alter the restrictor while under warranty, the warranty will be null & void. I can assure you if you have any motor problems [very unlikely], the first question you will be asked is "have you modified the motor".
Of course I never waited, and didn't care about the warranty, because I wanted more power. And I can tell you the Whizzer motor is "full of it", power that is.
Quenton

Alright - I have everything I need...I am going to widen the restrictor - my first official (noobish) attempt at working on the bike...

COVER ME! I'M GOIN' IN!!!

You will be pleased at the difference opening the restrictor will make. Good luck. Take your time and make sure you put all the gaskets and such back in the same order. The picture you took will make that easy.
Enjoy

Jim

P.S. We have you covered

Last edited:
Back