Whizzer Rides - Stories and Pictures

Thanks Wrench. I actually got a high flow plate at the same time I bought the intake spacer so the bores line up really nicely all the way into the intake, thanks. I do like the idea of an angled carb cap though bc you're right that stock fit is a bit tight. I'll try adjusting the front belt and report back with my results. Oil changes are like every third ride or so for my Whizzer. I learned from our local Whizzer God, Doug Thompson here in the Pac NW and he never lets me forget about them!

By no means is the hole in the Intake spacer and Black Plastic Plate high flow on a 22mm intake.
It's small and offset obstructing and restricting fuel air flow.

In just a short time heat is gonna make the Black Plastic Plate brittle, trust me, it's gonna crack and break, it's Plastic

The original Whizzer heat insulation plate is made out of Phenolic Board and it won't get brittle, crack and break
Make the intake hole 22mm

For better performance and higher speeds This is how the 22mm intake should look
DSCF6933.JPGDSCF6953.JPGDSCF6955.JPG

Using a 7/8" hole saw the intake spacer and heat insulation plate can be made to match the Whizzer 22mm intake
Smooth the inside of 7/8" hole with a barrel sander

By no means is the hole in the Intake spacer and Black Plastic Plate high flow on a 22mm intake.

In just a short time heat is gonna make the Black Plastic Plate brittle, trust me, it's gonna crack and break, it's Plastic

The original Whizzer heat insulation plate is made out of Phenolic Board and it won't get brittle, crack and break

For better performance and higher speeds This is how the 22mm intake should look
View attachment 171128View attachment 171129View attachment 171130
That's exactly the part I do have and its made of the same material, thanks Wrench. I can tell your heart is in the right place! And btw i went ahead and ordered that angled carb cap that you advised me about- thanks again

That's exactly the part I do have and its made of the same material, thanks Wrench. I can tell your heart is in the right place! And btw i went ahead and ordered that angled carb cap that you advised me about- thanks again.
Yep that's the same part and that's the same material. :LOL:
It needs to be modified

I can tell your heart is in the right place! thanks again
To unleash some more power after ya match the intake shave .060" off the head
I assume your cam gear timing dot has already been advanced one tooth counterclockwise

These are basic mods most have done

I can tell your heart is in the right place! thanks again
After the head is shaved, a few of the head bolts should be shaved too so their not too long and bottom out in the hole

With the head off, check the spark plug
A couple of threads should not be sticking out into the combustion chamber.
Use S/P indexing washers to lift the S/P up some so no threads are in the combustion chamber.

What happens is Carbon gets baked onto the S/P threads and when the S/P is removed it strips out the threads in the head.

View attachment 171128View attachment 171129View attachment 171130

Using a 7/8" hole saw the intake spacer and heat insulation plate can be made to match the Whizzer 22mm intake
Smooth the inside of 7/8" hole with a barrel sander
Is this the same material as that ? I thought I could make something for the 2 smoker...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220407-183318.png
    Screenshot_20220407-183318.png
    220.1 KB · Views: 121
G2 ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220407-194049.png
    Screenshot_20220407-194049.png
    276.2 KB · Views: 100
Back