Whizzer Sportsman spark plug

thimmaker

Local time
6:29 PM
Is there a substitute for the old Auto-lite AE-6 spark plugs??. Or are they still available somewhere??

Thanks, Geo.

Hi George,

I have answered this question hundreds of times, maybe it should be posted as a "stickie".

AE-6 Autolite=
Champion L90C
NGK B4H [4110]
Autolite 425
AC Delco 46F

As a youth we most often used an AC 45F [chevy V8] as it was very common and easy to aquire.

I normally use the Autolite 425 in all my vintage 300 and up motors.

Have fun,

Quenton
I added a link to this thread in the "Common questions and links to the answers [Whizzer]" sticky thread.
Hopefully this will help.

Jim

Thanks Quenton, I'll keep this info too. Hey Geo can you give an update to your sportsman. Thanks Ray

Spark plugs for the "H" & "J" heads are.......

Champion J6C
Autolite 303
NGK B6S [3510]

These are 14 MM with a .375" reach.

I use the Autolite 303 in all my vintage "H" & "J" motors

Have fun,

51 Sportsman

Thanks Quenton, I'll keep this info too. Hey Geo can you give an update to your sportsman. Thanks Ray

I ran it around the block for the first time yesterday. Starts and runs great. I still need a kickstand and a few other parts, then i'll post a picture.
Geo.

Thanks Geo for the update. Good to here that it's running. pics will be great. Ray

I have the knockoff made in the late 90's... What is the correct sparkplug to use....dkrieg@mchsi.com
Howzit krieg195
NGK-CR7E or NGK- CR7HSA
Depending on the head you have and the depth of the threaded spark plug hole.
I suggested the resistor type spark plug. That is what the letter R stands for.
You can also use the non resistor type spark plug NGK-C7E or NGK-C7HSA
The New Gen Whizzer (knockoff) has a resistor built into the Plastic spark plug boot
A resistor is required so ya don't fry the CDI.
DSCF9789.JPG

Back