Whizzer Stingray?

wheelbender6

Local time
4:54 AM
This pick was posted on a bicycle forum. Frame for 26 in tires, but shoD with 20 in wheels and equipped with a Whizzer mill.
- Is this a factory Whizzer from the 1960s or just a DIY?
$_1.JPG

Schwinn Whizzer Wasp - Look likes the engine has been rebuilt NICE
All correct parts even if there are some repop parts on there .
If the chain guard says Schwinn Wasp on it then it's mostly real.
Whoever rebuilt it did a nice job making it look correct

This pick was posted on a bicycle forum. Frame for 26 in tires, but shoD with 20 in wheels and equipped with a Whizzer mill.
- Is this a factory Whizzer from the 1960s or just a DIY?View attachment 97675
This is a Whizzer Wasp, one of about six originals or, most likely a built up reproduction. Around 1964 when Whizzer, along with Cushman and Mustang, were on the ropes due to the Honda invasion, Whizzer made some of these using a Schwin 26" frame and 20" wheels. They never went into production. I think one sign of a copy is a less than perfect slot in the rear fender for the belt. The one on ebay exhibits this, but is clearly stated that it is a copy and not one of the few originals.

Listed on E bay for $2,500 Obviously a Tribute bike.
The Whizzer Wasp, not available to the public, made by Whizzer Industries from 1960 to 1962 in Pontiac MI. Only 5 or 6 prototypes were made. RARE
A real Factory Whizzer Wasp is worth over $10,000. Actually worth $$$$$$ whatever the highest bidder will pay at auction.

Listed on E bay for $2,500 Obviously a Tribute bike.
The Whizzer Wasp, not available to the public, made by Whizzer Industries from 1960 to 1962 in Pontiac MI. Only 5 or 6 prototypes were made. RARE
A real Factory Whizzer Wasp is worth over $10,000. Actually worth $$$$$$ whatever the highest bidder will pay at auction.
Not sure about $10000 as the Mikey Bike Wasps each sold, or was for sale, for less than $4500 a piece. Of course that was a few years ago and maybe the market changed quickly. I think they were as close to an original as there is. Just my opinion, but I don't claim to be an expert.

Not sure about $10000 as the Mikey Bike Wasps each sold, or was for sale, for less than $4500 a piece. Of course that was a few years ago and maybe the market changed quickly. I think they were as close to an original as there is. Just my opinion, but I don't claim to be an expert.

I only said the $10K price cause I saw an early 48 Pacemaker one of 500 sell for $13K at auction 3 yrs ago.
Maybe since the Wasp was made by Whizzer Industries and not Whizzer Motorbike that affects the value of the Wasp.

Also I'm not sure about the Wasp frame. Was is special made for Whizzer by Schwinn? Or is it just an average off the shelf Schwinn frame? That would also affect the value. But still the Sky is the limit in an auction

Click on "Attch files" at the bottom of screen and then select picture from picture file or gallery if on a phone.

Love to give that bike a spin. Kids around my hood would be salivating to steal that if given the opportunity.

Back