Whizzer to Indiana update

uncle_punk13 said:
Yeah, 'cause i'm all prepared and ready to go; just kickin' back until tueday...:LOL:

trying to get past that first 50 mile mark before tuesday, without being too hard on her...
did rif split yesterday, w/out telling anybody? :?

I talked to Rif Monday nite, he said 8:30 am was his ETD. everything was running good.
:D ......Bob

well, i got a call from rif in iowa & it seems his run is being governed by murphy.

one thing after the other...belt slippage, no power, fuel leaks, broken mount bolts...

they finally gave up trying to keep it running and are going to pack it into illinois where he'll try to complete the last leg to the meet on the motoredbike. the hope is that once he's with his other whizzer buddies he may be able to get her together for a run back to washington after the meet.

he's a bit bummed but told me he's alright with it because it's been a great break for him...adventure, friends (new & old), and "there's always next year."

there ya have it...he'll be in touch from the meet.

another call from rif...he's on his way back, but bike's not running.

bottom line on all the mech problems: compression test indicates (his best guess) that the high-revving carby immediately red-lined the engine & wiped the rings (& possibly cylinder) before they ever had a chance.

but: he had a great time & took many pics. he says he'll need a few days to "de-compress" and he'll post all about it 8)

I made it out alive...

I'm back and will post 'serialized' accounts of the adventure. Give me a few days to recoup, tho 'cause I'm wiped out...
Many cool pic.s to come...
Thanks for all the support friends!!!
166_Whizzer_vTwin_1.jpg

I'm working on organizing all my thoughts and perceptions from this latest adventure, I'm going into notepad today to get started, I will begin the serial in the next few days...
I'm also planning my next wild adventure- ON THE SAME BIKE, I will have it running and reliable soon enough.
The experts tell me that I probably did NOT blow the rings, but to finish the fine tuning, and ride cautiously; finish the break in period on it and it should work out fine.
I'm still going to perform and exorcism on the blooody thing to vanquish the gremlins!!!

Hey all, sorry I haven't podsted the tales of woe yet, I've been working on it in a text document, and been working with the pictures (resizing them and organizing them into different 'subject' folders) for ease of finding and posting.
I swear it'll be up soon!!!
Thanks for being patient...

Attachments

• Broken down in WA1.jpg
    Broken down in WA1.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 407
Back