Whizzer WC-1 Cylinder

@Risk Man
BTW Whizzer USA recommended setting the valve lash @ IN .009" - EX .009"

But most set the valve lash @ IN .006" - EX .008"

While some like to set the valve lash tighter I don't think it's necessary.

If ya need help finding TDC to set the valve lash just ask.
Man that is tight compared to my Kaw. lol. They like to be loose, or the bike runs like crap when it warms up. If I don't hear tick tick tick tick tick tick as I idle, I know I need to adjust the valve clearance. .020 -.025 is where I set my old Kaw.

Man that is tight compared to my Kaw. lol. They like to be loose, or the bike runs like crap when it warms up. If I don't hear tick tick tick tick tick tick as I idle, I know I need to adjust the valve clearance. .020 -.025 is where I set my old Kaw.

Whizzer is a Flat Head and it runs fine with the valve lash set @ .012" but ya shouldn't go any bigger than that and ya shouldn't go tighter than .003"
So IN .006" and EX .008" seems to be the sweet spot

Karl were getting off topic :ROFLMAO:

Whizzer is a Flat Head and it runs fine with the valve lash set @ .012" but ya shouldn't go any bigger than that and ya shouldn't go tighter than .003"
So IN .006" and EX .008" seems to be the sweet spot

Karl were getting off topic :ROFLMAO:
I'm trying to learn more about Whizzers before I buy one. I just thought it was really tight comparatively. lol. I don't say much if anything at all in most of the Whizzer threads I read. I'm just stalking you guys and sucking up all the info. lol. Don't mind me, I'm going to go back to hiding behind the dieffenbachia. lol

I'm trying to learn more about Whizzers before I buy one. I just thought it was really tight comparatively. lol. I don't say much if anything at all in most of the Whizzer threads I read. I'm just stalking you guys and sucking up all the info. lol. Don't mind me, I'm going to go back to hiding behind the dieffenbachia. lol
Of course members are here to help, ask all the questions ya want about Whizzers

You should take off the R/H side cover and check the Valve Lifters

On the early NE-5 Taiwan used the lifters that were for the WC-1
Taiwan was always trying to save a $ with their stinking thinking
Apparently Taiwan softened the WC-1 lifters so they wouldn't damage the NE-5 cam,
What happens is the bottom of the lifter that comes in contact with the cam lobe starts to mushroom and metal fragments can break off and damage your engine
Whizzer USA offered hardened lifters (under warranty) to those who got the soft lifters and later offered a wide bottom lifter that makes much better contact to the NE-5 cam lobes. But ya had to buy those, The 06 and later models had wide bottom lifters.

Wide Bottom lifters are commonly called "Mushroom Lifters" not to be confused with a lifter that is mushrooming from wear

Having a soft lifter the valve lash has to be constantly adjusted, also the bottom of the lifters mushroom and metal fragments can break off and damage your engine .

I don't know where to find any (Mushroom Lifters) wide bottom lifters anymore
But Whizzer Paul will have the regular hardened lifters for the NE-5.

My 2005 NE-5 came with the soft lifters. I was having to adjust my valve lash alot when I discovered the lifters bottoms were mushrooming Lucky I caught mine in time before it caused any damage.
Whizzer USA gave me the hardened lifters under my warranty, but I later bought 2 sets of wide bottom lifters.
I still run the same set of "Mushroom Lifters" today

Many people have had this soft lifter issue with their 2005 NE-5, So your gonna need to check your lifters

I'm sure if some of my facts are off Ray will correct me :LOL:

Ray is always teasing me by showing pics of hard to find parts :LOL:
Wow... And I thought it took me a while to become a master woodworker... I have my work cut out for me here. I have not gone this deep into engine mechanics before, but I can't wait to dive in head first!

Wow... And I thought it took me a while to become a master woodworker... I have my work cut out for me here. I have not gone this deep into engine mechanics before, but I can't wait to dive in head first!
Woodworking is my first love, Fishing is my second LOL

Since I talked about the Whizzer Cam Timing Dot in post #9
I should probably mention the Cruzzer Motorbike Cam Timing Dot

The Cruzzer Cam is identified by a butterfly logo on it. The timing dot is stamped in the correct spot.
Just line up the timing dots on the cam and crank gears as it's traditionally done

WOW!... I get up from my stool go use the loo, bleed my lizard. Come back to all this,nice.
All my Whizzers are riders. Don t know what you mean by collectible?

Attachments

• securedownload-3.jpeg
    securedownload-3.jpeg
    254.4 KB · Views: 110
  • 20180616_135229.jpg
    20180616_135229.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 115
  • 20180617_162404_1542505792979.jpg
    20180617_162404_1542505792979.jpg
    278.1 KB · Views: 129
  • 20150102_145446.jpg
    20150102_145446.jpg