Whizzer WC-1 Cylinder

Just curious, what's the odometer reading on those bikes?
Hi Wrench, hope your holiday was good. I don't put lots of miles on these bikes. My black WC-1 is my rider. I haven't done much riding lately,the vintage guys go 3, 4 times a year, they do private rides. I'm gonna try to make it out to one or two of them this year.
I use to ride with Gilbert once, twice a year, but someone stole his rider.
He'd leave North Hollywood around 5:00ish and meet up with me in Norwalk, then we'd head out to Donut Derelicts, from there over to mid city. Dales place. Back to Norwalk, Gilbert would ride on back to Hollywood. Most of the ride would be on Hwy 39
He still hasn't found his beloved rider.

Attachments

• 20190413_064010.jpg
    20190413_064010.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 116
  • 20190330_144349.jpg
    20190330_144349.jpg
    319.5 KB · Views: 113
Hi Wrench, hope your holiday was good. I don't put lots of miles on these bikes. My black WC-1 is my rider. I haven't done much riding lately,the vintage guys go 3, 4 times a year, they do private rides. I'm gonna try to make it out to one or two of them this year.
I use to ride with Gilbert once, twice a year, but someone stole his rider.
He'd leave North Hollywood around 5:00ish and meet up with me in Norwalk, then we'd head out to Donut Derelicts, from there over to mid city. Dales place. Back to Norwalk, Gilbert would ride on back to Hollywood. Most of the ride would be on Hwy 39
He still hasn't found his beloved rider.
Thanks, I had a great time on my little RV trip to the beach.
That's one place I don't bring my Whizzer, I took my Fat Tire E Bike
Page 23 Posts #223 - #228

I love taking my Whizzer with me on RV trips and exploring. I've had some wonderful rides on that bike.

Vintage Repop Belt guard with an adapter plate to mount it on a Modern Whizzer

The adapter plate mounts to the engine then the guard mounts to the plate

What's up with those 4 long screws and bolts sticking out the face?
I would think you would want to only see 4 pan head screws on the face

These belt guards are punched out with the original Whizzer dies from the 40's

Longer screws are use to fit the guard between side cover and petals.

Longer screws are use to fit the guard between side cover and peta

I understand how your mounting it, I'm just curious how much hardware is gonna be seen on the face of the Belt guard.
I guess your not done with the final fit.

Longer screws are use to fit the guard between side cover and petals.
I know how much you like to make your modifications the best you can and turn out looking as clean as possible.

I know how to mount that vintage belt guard with pan head screws so it looks OEM

Using what you have already made for mock up
1) Mount the adapter plate and belt guard on the engine and adjust for clearance, exactly where you want it.
2) Remove belt guard
3) Measure how much each corner was adjusted / Measure the distance needed from inside belt guard to mounting plate
4) Using coupling nuts as threaded spacers, cut/trim them to the length you measured in #3
5) Remove mounting plate from engine
6) Remove all nuts from the 4 screws
7) Screw the 4 coupling nuts to the mounting plate
8) Weld each coupling nut to the mounting plate
9) Remove the 4 screws from the 4 coupling nuts
10) Mount adapter plate to engine
10) Use pan head screws to mount the belt guard to the adapter plate
11) Use pan head screws the correct length so they won't go past the mounting plate and interfere with the belt

Pan head screws will be much cleaner and look OEM original

To have an acorn nut on top of a flange nut just sticks out way to far on the face of the belt guard.
Even using just an acorn nut, that still sticks out too far and your foot can hit it while peddling, besides it don't look OEM

There's more than one way to skin a Kat :LOL:
DSCF2705.JPG

Just some friendly fabrication info not to bash your original Idea.

Back