Whizzer wiring

Most if not all have gone to Portland Indiana, vintage motorbike club meet.
If you have the Pacemaker II, then you have what is called the WC-1 motors 99 to about 04. then 2005 to 08 were the NE motors. 07 & 08 Ambassadors, 08 NE-R SE motors.

wiring harness will be different from the WC-1's, follow the connections for each piece, connectors.
you might need to get in touch with whom you purchase the harness from. i'm not sure which one you got.

Ray

Correct, at the show in Portland.

Basic wiring was the same on the WC-1 and NE5. NE-r and Ambassador were different because of digital and starter wiring.

As long as the following items are true it will fire.

1. Green wire going to CDI plug must NOT be grounded, as the switch and run switch ground the wire to stop ignition.
2. Look at the pins on the coil and note the base of the connectors are color coded, one is green and one is black. The green post connection on coil must be grounded.
3. AC and trigger signal must be connected to CDI plug. AC is supplied via the black wire w/ red stripe from wiring harness from under flywheel. The blue w/ yellow stripe is also in the same harness, however it is connected to the sensor outside the flywheel and fires the CDI.
4. Harness from stator [under flywheel] must be connected to wiring harness, and there are 2 versions. one has a Molex plug with a single extra wire plug connector outside the plug, and the later versions had 2 extra wire connectors outside the plug. The version with the single extra wire, has a six coil stator and the 2 wire version has a eight coil stator. Simply make sure the wires match from the stator to the harness. Yellow to yellow, white to white, black to black, black w/ red stripe to black w/ red stripe, blue w/ yellow stripe to blue w/ yellow stripe. Always remember we [Americans] think black is ground, whereas some countries think dark green is a good color for ground. Often the system uses both black and green as grounds, and don't be shocked to find sections of the harness with the black and green wires connected together.

Hope we cross paths at the show [might have already done so], we be there until Tuesday.

Have fun,

On the new harness I have a y/b to blk on coil and blk to green on coil. One time when I switch them around I got a spark. This is first time I got a spark on this bike but I don't see any spark at the plug!

Any Ideas?

After buying a new harness,voltage reg, cdi, coil, I still could not get plug to spark. I got a new stator at the portland show and got it all hooked up. Still no spark, but while switching the wire around to the coil, it shot a spark. I don't know which way I had the wire at that time but it made me wonder, did it spark cause I hooked it up right or because I put them backwards? I have no battery hooked up so I no it's not that.
I don't understand the correct electrical terminology. Had my wiring harness at the show today but couldn't find anyone to help me, Quenton and others were out for a ride. I am really not looking forward to putting this bike together again only to tear it apart. I even had complete darkness when grounding spark plug to engine. Don't know what else I can do?

The stator you bought needs to match the wc-1 flywheel that has six magnets on the inside, which means the stator is the six coil stator, not the eight coil stator.
Hang in there buddy, your almost there, take your time going over the wiring. it'll be well worth you time and effort!

Ray

Attachments

• DSCN3076.jpg
    DSCN3076.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 550
Trying to figure out how showing me a photo of work I just said I did is of any help? Why not show me a photo of the wire on the coil I'm asking about? What a waste of time this forum is. Not even one single answer to any question I asked. Taking this website off of my computer right now.

Get the bike towed at maybe 15mph..hold in the compression release....take the spark plug wire and hook another wire to it with an alligator clip..make sure ignition is turned on......stick it under your tongue and release the compression release...might tingle some....but you''ll get the idea.

Last edited:
Trying to figure out how showing me a photo of work I just said I did is of any help? Why not show me a photo of the wire on the coil I'm asking about? What a waste of time this forum is. Not even one single answer to any question I asked. Taking this website off of my computer right now.

A little common sense will go a long ways.
The owner of this forum doesn't make any money giving us a place with so much information, it's to bad
you couldn't be of more help. let us know what racie's input does, that makes it 3 that tried to help.

I understand wiring and the frustrations it can cause having once wired the entire front area of my old Corvette from the firewall forward. But you haven't made any mention of following the wiring schematic that was so well put into a Sticky by fellow poster KilroyCD, posted for WC1 owners. Following that and Quenton and Ray's detailed advice will have you on your way. Plus a lot of patience. And a volt ohm meter to check for possible breaks in wire continuity.

On this site is a ton of info just in the Stickies alone from the School of Hard Knocks with a lot of expert advice from Quenton and other Whizzer enthusiasts over the years. Not to mention lots of great info buried in 46 some odd pages of Whizzer talk here. This site and the people who populate it is invaluable if you own a Whizzer.

I for one have been grateful to the good folks who contribute to the hobby and post here. Maybe after a good nights rest and time to reflect, you'll come to think the same. It's just wire and connections, ya know? Stomping on good folks who want to help is not a good way to go through life.......

Best Regards,
Mike
2008 Whizzer NER

Back