Whizzer won't Fire

No spark Whizzer

Hi, make sure your tailite wiring is plugged in good and tight, seperate the plug, and plug in again for good contact.

Some people might think I'm crazy to tell you this, BUT, there are 2 ground loops in the Whizzer wiring loom, and the ONLY place they join is about 2-3 inches toward the engine, in the taillitght loom.

Disconnect the dead battery, the engine does not need it, and if it were "dead short" inside, it could stop spark.

Now, you can unscrew the spark plug wire from the cap, and coil and snip off 1/4 inch and screw those back together to be sure of good connections. Your coil plugs in with 2 wires to the cdi, check that, the cdi plugs into the loom 2 wires check that.

Kill switch has 2 wires, important that one is not grounded, check that behind headlamp.

If non of this fixes it, I would then begin to substitute "Golden"(known-good) components.

Whizzers components have been very good, I've had NO failures with them.

The Wiring loom is kooky, but works very well, I've had no INTERNAL failures with it, but the steering stop can cut some of the front wiring in two.

Let me know.

Mike
This thread might help read post #13
I have a 2007 whizzer but I'm missing the taillight thing...how do I get it to spark?!! Seriously getting flustered here

I have a 2007 whizzer but I'm missing the taillight thing...how do I get it to spark?!! Seriously getting flustered here
When I try to peddle while holding the tensioner in nothing really changes... shouldn't it be easier to pedal? Then let it go to start it correct? Is there some key way or pin that may have gotten sheared somehow?

Back