Whizzer won't start

I noticed that when I tried pedal starting, the flywheel and belt drive more often than not does not want to move.

What else could it be? A bad fuel line, a dirty engine?
What ch mean the flywheel and belt don't wanna move? Do ya mean your Clutch ain't turning the engine over?

I just check the pic of your bike I see ya got a manual clutch I was thinking it was an auto clutch I'm still not sure what your trying to describe.
How a manual clutch works
When ya pull in the clutch hand lever it makes the primary belt slip so ya can peddle the bike when ya release the hand lever it tightens the belt and it turns over the engine NORMAL

Last edited:
Called Quenton and he's working with me now.

(this bike is my first turn to mechanics, so technical terms take a second to stick with me)

From what I can gather, turning over the engine is where the flywheel turns to give the electrical current to the spark plug while the crankshaft also turns with it. What I am saying, as I am pulling up on the clutch when pedal starting the flywheel and belt only spins intermittently (maybe I stretched the belt out too much while I put it back on after replacing the stator?) I don't even know if this is a problem because this was the first time I tried starting the bike with the belt drive cover removed.

I'll bow out now, I'll let you talk with Quenton He is the master and knows all the tricks, He has rebuilt over 100s of Whizzers if not 1,000s
Keep us up to date, we wanna know how everything turns out

Update:

Premature celebration here...

It worked great yesterday, went on a 4-mile ride. There were some weird screeching sounds near the end of the ride though.

This morning comes and I turn over the engine with the choke and it starts. HOWEVER, I proceeded to do a rolling start once the engine was warmed up. Nothing.

Even after several spaced out attempts it still would not fire.

I checked:

1. There was a spark (plug was covered in black wet-ish sooty gunk)
  2. Clearances for both lifters are fine (.006 and .008)
  3. It seemed I put over 10 fl oz of oil in yesterday and removed some (down to 8 oz)
  4. I looked at my gear cam and crankshaft. It looks like they are wearing into each other and the case cover. (probably the screeching sounds I heard)
  5. The battery and accessories died after showing up weak this morning (tried to start with the basic harness, still nothing)
  6. Right when I start the machine as I am pedaling and lifting off the compression release, the belt seems to always slip and the flywheel turns intermittently.
I need help... I got to taste how awesome it was yesterday and want to get back going!

First we gotta take care of that crank gear and cam gear rubbing What type of RH sidecover crank bearing ya got A HK2012 needle bearing or a 6904 roller bearing (ball bearings). We will be able to correct the crankshaft end play. So it don't rub on the cam gear
Take a pic of the inside RH side cover so I can see the bearing and take a pic of the rub marks on the gear faces

I have the picture of the gear faces and I DEFINITELY remember the RH side cover having a needle bearing. However I forgot to take a picture and it is late now. Do you you think this is the problem for my engine not starting?

Yea, your gonna have to get that crank end play correct I'm not sure if that the hard starting problem but it don't help.
Gotta go for now I'll have some more time tomorrow Have ya talked with Quenton about your crank ?
do ya see any wear on the crank from the Needle bearing and how many miles are on your bike

I didn't see any wear from the needle bearing. It has 358 miles on it. I'll call Quenton later today about it.

Back