Whizzer wont start

Vuit

Local time
10:44 AM
I haven't started my whizzer in a while since I live on the east coast and it gets pretty cold here so I've stored it for the winter and now I'm trying to get it back up and running but I am not able to get it started, im 95% sure it's a belt tension issue, this is biggest issue i've had with it. The rear belt keeps slipping on the clutch pulley and im not sure why, the belt is new and i've tried adjusting it but nothing seems to work. I've been told I could move the engine forward, would that work? Any help is greatly appreciated
20230210_120611.jpg
20230215_122854.jpg

I haven't started my whizzer in a while since I live on the east coast and it gets pretty cold here so I've stored it for the winter and now I'm trying to get it back up and running but I am not able to get it started, im 95% sure it's a belt tension issue, this is biggest issue i've had with it. The rear belt keeps slipping on the clutch pulley and im not sure why, the belt is new and i've tried adjusting it but nothing seems to work. I've been told I could move the engine forward, would that work? Any help is greatly appreciated View attachment 187114View attachment 187115
We got a bunch of great whizzer resident technicians on the forum, I'm betting they will get you up & running. I'm thinking you might have to reposition your engine forward to get the proper belt tension needed to start the bike. @Wrench or @Risk Man can prolly get you squared away. Plus there is other members well versed in the Whizzer to. Welcome to the forum!

Hello Vuit, Not starting or running could be many things but as far as the belt slipping, It looks like your clutch tension spring is not pulling hard enough. They are usually so stiff you can hardly stretch them especially when the clutch is let go. How easy is it for you to pull in the clutch.

Just my quick observation.

Dennis

Do you mean the engine won't start? Do you mean engine starts but bike won't go due to belt slipping? Are you asking about 2 separate issues here?

I haven't started my whizzer in a while since I live on the east coast and it gets pretty cold here so I've stored it for the winter and now I'm trying to get it back up and running but I am not able to get it started, im 95% sure it's a belt tension issue, this is biggest issue i've had with it. The rear belt keeps slipping on the clutch pulley and im not sure why, the belt is new and i've tried adjusting it but nothing seems to work. I've been told I could move the engine forward, would that work? Any help is greatly appreciated View attachment 187114View attachment 187115
Start by cleaning the carb ... jets etc... also use new gas.
Change the oil & check the S/P
Check for spark
Check for compression

Get back to use when ya finished those few things OK

Compression, Fuel and Spark she should start (y)

Rear Belt tension, is your rear wheel pulled back far enough ?

The pedal chain should not have alot of slop

Hello Vuit, Not starting or running could be many things but as far as the belt slipping, It looks like your clutch tension spring is not pulling hard enough. They are usually so stiff you can hardly stretch them especially when the clutch is let go. How easy is it for you to pull in the clutch.

Just my quick observation.

Dennis
It's pretty easy to pull the clutch in, I was also thinking it could be the spring but I have tried to move it before but its difficult to get something under it

Start by cleaning the carb ... jets etc... also use new gas.
Change the oil & check the S/P
Check for spark
Check for compression

Get back to use when ya finished those few things OK

Compression, Fuel and Spark she should start (y)
It's got oil and fuel, I know it's got compression I hear when i hear it when I turn it over, no reason it shouldn't be getting spark but how can I check for that? Also when I've had it going previously it makes a distinct sound when I have the decompression lever engaged, I'm not hearing that when trying to start it recently when I pedal the bike up, I'm sure this is because of the belt slipping. As for the rear wheel I have it as far back as it'll go

Check for spark, hold the spark plug wire connection in your hand Turn the engine over, If you get shocked it's got spark :ROFLMAO:

But seriously
Pull the plug and hold it against the head Turn the engine over and look for a spark, Do it in low light or almost dark, the spark is hard to see in the bright light

Back