Who has the fastest top speed?

I have a new engine from ZOOM BICYCLES, small expansion chamber,36 tooth sprocket a billeted breather and speedo from JNMOTORS. According to the speedometer with only 4 miles on the engine it starts to sputter out at 48 miles per hour. :helmet:
Your speedometer is inaccurate or you have it set on km
there is no way that you are going 48 mph

If the speedometer is wrong than JNMOTORS is selling a bad product but they are into performance on these bikes and Im sure all their products are tested. Why wuld you think that these bikes will not do 48 mph

false reading

get a car to run beside you.If you get 35mph you are close to the limit,unless your going down a steep down hill.anything over 30mph is plenty,unless you balance your crank that thing will vibrate apart.

I don't see anyone pushing 50mph without a shiftkit. I get going 35 stock, just under 40 after jetting and modifying my noncat exhaust, and I can get going a bit over 40 pedaling my brains out with a tailwind.

If the speedometer is wrong than JNMOTORS is selling a bad product but they are into performance on these bikes and Im sure all their products are tested. Why wuld you think that these bikes will not do 48 mph
LOL This piece of junk speedo? It will be broken before you get to 100 miles.
It is a novelty speedo for pedaled bicycles that isn't even accurate at those speeds
and will not hold up to even 30 mph speeds for long.
http://www.jnmotorsbikes.com/website/speedometer.html

Your motor would have to be turning 9.000 RPM to go 48 MPH on a 36 tooth
sprocket
If everything is right with your set up you will get about 38 MPH

A $10 Walmart Schwinn wired speedo is accurate IF you enter the right wheel measurement.
I use a GPS.

Last edited:
I can get 42MPH (GPS and my sppedo said 42) out of a 36 tooth sprocket. My engine is pretty built though.

I don't see anyone pushing 50mph without a shiftkit. I get going 35 stock, just under 40 after jetting and modifying my noncat exhaust, and I can get going a bit over 40 pedaling my brains out with a tailwind.
They say that if you go with a smaller sprocket you get one mile per hour per tooth, so if you went down to a 36 tooth than that would mean an extra 8 miles per hour which would put you at just under 50 mph

I have a new engine from ZOOM BICYCLES, small expansion chamber,36 tooth sprocket a billeted breather and speedo from JNMOTORS. According to the speedometer with only 4 miles on the engine it starts to sputter out at 48 miles per hour. :helmet:

First off..

You have a new engine with only 4 miles on it.

Convert 48 miles per hours to Kilometers.. That's 77+ KM/H.. That's pretty fast.. But since this is the new engine.. you're severely risking shortened the life span of your engine.

What is your oil/gas ratio mixed? recommended mix is 16:1 for first 500 miles.

I have 34 tooth on my new engine. I'd been running more that 2 gallons of gas at 16:1 ratio .. by the time I ran out for another 2 gallons of 16:1 . I'll be changing it to 20:1 as per engine specification recommended.
At the moment I can achieve 64 KM/H on straight flat road. I reckoned after I used up this 2 gallons which will be totally 4 gallons I will have a leaner oil mixture. That will likely bring up the speed a bit more without risking damaged to my engine. I already replaced 2 engines on both my MB.. due to inexperienced and lean oil mixture run.

Moral of this is.. be patience.. your engine will be happy. Short term pain for long term gain.. :)

cheers,
Naomi

Nobody who has any experience running these 2 stroke Chinese engines
uses the recommended mix of 16:1 for first 500 miles

That is another Chinese myth that will not die! The Chinese did not have 2 stroke
oil so they were using ( Probably dirty ) 30 weight motor oil at 8 oz per gal.

It is WAY TOO MUCH oil and will cause many problems.

I have sold over 500 kits and none of them had any problems on much less oil.
Had a 90 day warranty. Only had a couple of failures and the only oil related one admitted to using maybe 2 oz or less of regular 2 stroke oil ( Was not using Opti 2 )

Please stop giving advice about oil ratio's with which you have very little
experience.
Also breaking in a motor fairly hard results in much better performance and
lifespan. Motors that are babied will have poorly sealing rings with low compression.

The fastest and most powerful motorized bikes I have ridden were broken in on a 100 to 1 mix of Opti 2 oil from day one. Over 5,000 miles now and a 40 + mph runner that has had no oil related problems.

whatever happened to your motors had nothing to do with the oil ratio.
and he didn't go anywhere near 48 mph
First off..

You have a new engine with only 4 miles on it.

Convert 48 miles per hours to Kilometers.. That's 77+ KM/H.. That's pretty fast.. But since this is the new engine.. you're severely risking shortened the life span of your engine.

What is your oil/gas ratio mixed? recommended mix is 16:1 for first 500 miles.

I have 34 tooth on my new engine. I'd been running more that 2 gallons of gas at 16:1 ratio .. by the time I ran out for another 2 gallons of 16:1 . I'll be changing it to 20:1 as per engine specification recommended.
At the moment I can achieve 64 KM/H on straight flat road. I reckoned after I used up this 2 gallons which will be totally 4 gallons I will have a leaner oil mixture. That will likely bring up the speed a bit more without risking damaged to my engine. I already replaced 2 engines on both my MB.. due to inexperienced and lean oil mixture run.

Moral of this is.. be patience.. your engine will be happy. Short term pain for long term gain.. :)

cheers,
Naomi

Last edited:
I run new engines at 20-1 and never have any problems. I have built over 50 bikes, i own 4 of my own and we run these engines hard from the start. The more you baby these engines the more problems there seem to be

Back