Who has the fastest top speed?

I pulled 68.2 on my upgraded predator 212 bike. Still have a lot of upgrades to do to it.

Attachments

• C25536D1-0B91-4131-82BA-C49810A5D1DA.jpeg
    C25536D1-0B91-4131-82BA-C49810A5D1DA.jpeg
    449 KB · Views: 220
  • 27D6466C-AEA7-46E7-8198-E8ECB13F8583.jpeg
    27D6466C-AEA7-46E7-8198-E8ECB13F8583.jpeg
    327.6 KB · Views: 260
I pulled 68.2 on my upgraded predator 212 bike. Still have a lot of upgrades to do to it.
That bike looks beyond scary to go almost 70 mph on. Might be fun, but I know what failures can do at high speed...
Out of all them reinforcement brackets, you never thought to connect the top and bottom portions of your seat tube? You used a bunch of metal to keep it from trying to flex, but didn't try that first??
All of the weight of the engine is placed to beg for wheelies. I had my bike geared at 36:1 in first gear with a mid drive 53cc 4 stroke, it did wheelies on u-turns on accident if I didn't feather my throttle till going straight (your bike will go straight if it wheelies in a turn). I geared it down because I got tired of wheelies.

im at 40-42mph top on my 3kW 72V Cyclone ebike hybrid. I grit my teeth above 28mph; this is an ebay bike with front and back fenders and rim caliper brakes and no suspension... i usually do 22-24 mph into headwind and 28-35 mph with tailwind. 70mph... well you definitely hit the 50mph motorized bike club. no way i can hit 50 mph on my 100lb hybrid now at 3kw...

Attachments

• IMG_20190714_133953.jpg
    IMG_20190714_133953.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 234
Those moped wheels are awesome but I have a hard time thinking of a worse frame for a 212 build man...Aluminum, multi-part mountain bike frame with minimal reinforcements?!? Replacing the spring with a fixed mount is the right thing to do, but those two strips don't even look like 1/8" plate...I'd be using a 1" square tube minimum. You can obviously build and fab so have the skills, and honestly throwing that engine with the wheels and front end on a steel reinforced cruiser or mount it vertically on a Faker and it would be sick! Better weight distribution, stronger frame, much safer build. Safety first!

I plan on taking the record soon for functional pedal/bicycle frame based MBs...if not for top speed, in 1/8th mile acceleration(weight is about 40lbs heavier than I planned which will hurt top speed, but plan to ride this on the street so strength and safety is most important so went a bit overkill on some stuff). Can't say it will be the fastest 1/4 mile yet because some crazy light racing 212 builds like Kurts custom frame turbo 212 would likely catch me on the back half due to better power:weight, but my TQ will be unrivaled and with the TQ advantage, longer wheelbase, TQ converter, and the fact that I have some motorcycle drag racing experience from a dig to the 1/8th I should have most builds covered (fingers crossed).

Finishing up the last few things, hope to start shakedown tests in a month and complete the mods and get final numbers within 2 months.

Drag racing isn't everything, bring your bike to some track races. I've never had more fun with my bike. Pretend the launch and straights are the drag race, but the race is usually won in the turns. Test your mettle.

Drag racing isn't everything, bring your bike to some track races. I've never had more fun with my bike. Pretend the launch and straights are the drag race, but the race is usually won in the turns. Test your mettle.
Both are fun and I have enjoyed doing all styles of racing with both cars and bikes - I just prefer drag racing. I've had autocross cars, highway roll racers, and drag racing cars throughout the years and basically go through phases with each style of vehicle - same with motorcycles. Sometimes I feel like carving corners on a light and nimble 600 supersport and other times I want to rip up the drag strip on a massive hyperbike. Can't really say one is "better", but for me I prefer drag racing since you can always use acceleration on the street but top end runs and cornering are traits that you cannot as easily enjoy on public roads.

To be competitive though, you really have to build for one or the other. My setup is meant to handle drag racing and street duty so it is way too long and heavy for track racing...it will handle like a boat.

One day I will make a track bike, and when I do it will definitely be competitive but very likely not a chinagirl and not anything that would fit in one of the MB classes so would be more for fun like Kurts turbo bike...chinagirl is great platform for a fun toy or commuter but not worth it for high performance IMO. The only "powerful" chinagirl based setups are the expensive AM6+billet block combos and for that type of cash I'm throwing a KTM65 or something on a reinforced Faker with motorcycle hoops and DOT tires :D.

Tucking is for trannies!
52mph daily. Stupid thing won't go any faster. Need to work on my pipe.
I ride mine sitting straight up until about 55 and it pulls me there like that no issue but then the drag can be felt and leaning forward does help cut through the air better and enables it to unload some more r's.Riding in traffic or just on the street I dont get to go faster than 55 much so it's all upright riding, and I think better to be seen anyway and be able to see as I tend to read way ahead of my self as best I can!

Racing hell ya! I love them all,circle track,oval,road course,drag all super fun and all with different skill sets required to be competitive.We have two different big parking lot's that we use one for circle track style but it's just how far can you push a constant lean and run the radius as fast and tight as you can and deal with the bumps as it's well used.The other is brand new and we go at night when empty for oval racing,it's just long enough to almost unload a stock gear if you can come out of the corner fast witch leaves you hard on the brakes to dive into the two car length radius corner,it's fun and usually comes down to whom ever is willing to dive into that apex harder.Road course we have some good spots with nice high speed corners and some really tight switch backs but once I get going on these everyone else starts fading away,like tonight a buddy and I were on the road course (literally)and just as we wee about to go an rd 350 passed us and I said lets go, poor buddy I left him fading back as I caught the rd in the hairpin and matched him pulling the hill coming out of it he looked at me and pulled off as I continued into the next turn.When I got to the end of the run and buddy caught up he was laughing saying you were flying bud and the rd guy knew it!I told him you can only go so fast in the corners but had he continued into the straight after the next corner it would have been over for me LOL.Drag I love, pure acceleration is a rush trying to get one of our engines to pull hard everywhere is a challenge and been great fun experimenting with,it's not really fast as I'm pretty sure my ysr 80 would smoke me in a 1/4 but considering it's a 200 dollar engine I'm pretty impressed by what they can do!I had access to a kart track used by a league,beautiful layout and fast.I tried to organize an event here and only got about 15 committed entrants witch is not bad but I thought it'd be more to make entry fees realistic,for 15 entries the fee would have been 350 each just to cover the track fees as I had no sponsor support,as I now realize is going to be needed to make such a thing happen here.I tried egging on the guys down south in fla and cali and robert and some others that are fast to come race here at Toronto Motorsports Park where there is both a road course and fully sanctioned dragway but no LOL. I'm just gearing up for this seasons runs at the track (drag) as it starts to cool off a bit in the eve/night I can get into the upper 60's pretty quick inside the 1/4 but I'm still trying to better the 60ft and out of the hole becuse alot of time is lost there and if I could get it to unload a bit quicker below the pipe my 70+ should be attainable and be in the 16 second range like a stock honda LOL.

Back