Who makes the best friction kit? (and other questions)

stringer

Local time
5:05 PM
And wheres the best place to order from? Looking for a friction/EHO35 kit.

After an exhaustive research, it appears chain drive installation would be too difficult for me, and bike shops are negative about the whole idea. GEBE looks great but wont fit my bike.

I was initially concerned about speed with a friction drive. But i've read here that ppl that are much heavier than i maintaining 22-25mph with a setup like this. Does this sound right? Which larger external fuel tank would you buy for this?

Anyway I was assuming that a staton friction kit would probably be the way to go. But I just wanted to be sure before I spend this amount of money. :cool: Thanks for looking.

150lbs
26" mountain bike
mostly flats, some smaller hills

ETA: what do you think of this tire. I dont know anything about tires but it looks like it was made for a friction drive - http://www.maxxis.com/products/bicycle/product_detail.asp?id=5410

Last edited:
Sounds like you have done your homework by reading about the kits. I do not like to " recommend " one place over another, I will say that you will be satisfied with the 35, in a good quality kit, like mentioned above.

I recently bought the Robin 35cc - 1in drive shaft - friction setup from Station. Very happy with the set up -- runs sweet -- mounted on pretty good mountain bike -- top speed appears to be 23mph -- my weight 195 lbs.. No matter what you end up on --- Happy Riding from - Mountainman

thanks alot mountainman. you have pushed me over the fence here. i am going to order the same thing you have, except with a 1 1/8 roller and dual engaging supports. :D

shall i order anything else at the same time guys? what about a bigger tank or a different throttle?

I believe in looking at different kits and then forming my own opinion. That site offers a different kind of set up. What ever you choose youll be satisfied im sure. I have 1 of these kits and it works for me. Some of the chain driven kits on here are really interesting, anyways good luck.

Back