Who rides a 212 (and gets away with it)

Thxcuz

Local time
9:32 PM
I’ve got a chance to get a motorcycle frame with a robin Subaru 212 engine on it. Who rides a 212 and gets away with it?
Yes, I’m aware it’s not legal.

Just wondering about speed and transmission choices. I hear the Subaru is meh or at least the EFI version is. I may sell it and get a harbor freight engine.

You sure you have a RS 212cc motor? Google search yields nada. As far as legality that just depends on what day your riding and what kind of mood the cop that pulls you over is in. Lots of folks build them and ride them, must get away with it. Everything is legal till you get caught.

The engine is ex21

Attachments

• D857B0BB-56A5-4DB6-A141-3635AB8A2A02.jpeg
    D857B0BB-56A5-4DB6-A141-3635AB8A2A02.jpeg
    120.7 KB · Views: 177
Here’s the whole bike, it needs a few things. Maybe I’ll find a stock engine for it and make it all legal.

Attachments

• 9C15A0E7-A459-4D83-8B55-F0DBBC072AA1.png
    9C15A0E7-A459-4D83-8B55-F0DBBC072AA1.png
    845.1 KB · Views: 184
Here’s the whole bike, it needs a few things. Maybe I’ll find a stock engine for it and make it all legal.
All you have to do is add a charge coil under the flywheel for the lights to make it legal. No rule about engine size.

211cc OHC they're different than harbor freight and other clones. I thought about those motors but now they are discontinued. EX17 seems more available. If it has charging capabilities and a title it could be but looks like an older dirtbike unless it was originally an enduro.

EFI so I think there is a charge coil already. That's an awesome motor, I'd be awful tempted to pull and port that head.

Maybe I’ll weld a bottom bracket on it and attach pedals “it’s a bicycle, officer”

I’ve been pouring over forums and manuals for this engine and I’m starting to think this would be a cool project. I can add an electric start. Slap on a torque converter and fly.
What would top speed be on one of these? I heard top speed of a predator is 30ish. I find that hard to believe since I’ve had mopeds that can hit 50 mph (kitted with pipe...but the operator was a fat ass) surely 212 cc can do better than that.

What advantage would EFI have over a carb- if any.

I’ve been pouring over forums and manuals for this engine and I’m starting to think this would be a cool project. I can add an electric start. Slap on a torque converter and fly.
What would top speed be on one of these? I heard top speed of a predator is 30ish. I find that hard to believe since I’ve had mopeds that can hit 50 mph (kitted with pipe...but the operator was a fat ass) surely 212 cc can do better than that.

What advantage would EFI have over a carb- if any.
The #1 advantage would be "no float".
Other factors would be, if there is a governor or not and transmission choice.

Back