Who rides without chain guards ?

I have never used one unless it's for looks on a cool bike . cut the Gard to fit once or twice . I got a box of New Gard's like 10 of them . thay can brake or make noise form the chain hitting just one more thing to go wrong.but done right can last and look nice.

I used to have my guard on all the time but got sick of having to remove it to see my chain when adjusting so now have none , no problems so far (just dont go riding in baggy trousers)

I used to have my guard on all the time but got sick of having to remove it to see my chain when adjusting so now have none , no problems so far (just dont go riding in baggy trousers)
Thats a good reason. Although there maybe some legitimate concerns with a chain break...and it goes friggin flying all over the place.

Thats a good reason. Although there maybe some legitimate concerns with a chain break...and it goes friggin flying all over the place.
i thought about that too but came to the conclusion if it breaks will bunch up into the crankcase or else get wrapped between the sprocket and wheel or best case scenario it just flies out into the ground .

just about everyone. when a chain breaks it just bunches up around one of the sprockets or spits straight down on the ground. it's just there to keep chain lube off your pants

Mine works fine on the garage wall.
Just one more thing to vibrate loose and do more damage to more things than its worth.
But if you wear baggy pants, they "may" need to be cut into shorts. "NOT"

Back