Who sells a 7G Ghost Racer transmission today

Has anyone ever seen a video or actually installed a torque converter trans on a Huasheng 142F 4 stroke ? The 142F has a straight shaft that is 15mm (.030 smaller than 5/8"). The shaft adapter shown above will not work. I guess you could have a custom one made. I'm wondering if any of the many mounting holes will even align with this engine ? From what I can find, this torque converter is designed to fit only the Harbor Freight Predator or Coleman engines and the larger horsepower Hondas.

Has anyone ever seen a video or actually installed a torque converter trans on a Huasheng 142F 4 stroke ? The 142F has a straight shaft that is 15mm (.030 smaller than 5/8"). The shaft adapter shown above will not work. I guess you could have a custom one made. I'm wondering if any of the many mounting holes will even align with this engine ? From what I can find, this torque converter is designed to fit only the Harbor Freight Predator or Coleman engines.
They make them in metric to standard dimensions as well on them adapters.

Has anyone ever seen a video or actually installed a torque converter trans on a Huasheng 142F 4 stroke ? The 142F has a straight shaft that is 15mm (.030 smaller than 5/8"). The shaft adapter shown above will not work. I guess you could have a custom one made. I'm wondering if any of the many mounting holes will even align with this engine ? From what I can find, this torque converter is designed to fit only the Harbor Freight Predator or Coleman engines and the larger horsepower Hondas.
Yes some mods would have to be done to the torque convertor like centering TAV over shaft of engine & 4 mounting holes drilled thru the TAV to mount it to your 142f straight shaft engine. I think this would be the most major mod needed. Maybe when it gets warm I'll build 1.

Take a couple pictures of your engine with a tape measure across the mounting holes, and I'll take a couple of the TAV and we'll compare the mounting configurations.

Here is the spacing I got.

Attachments

• 20220227_170055.jpg
    20220227_170055.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 100
  • 20220227_170113.jpg
    20220227_170113.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 92
  • 20220227_170152.jpg
    20220227_170152.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 116
Here is spec on a centrifugal clutch bolt spacing, dont know if straight shaft spacing is the same or not. It comes out at like 3.95" across the bolt holes thru crank centerline. I think if I remember correctly a true honda GXH50 is 4" or 4.1" across bolt holes thru crank centerline.
Screenshot_20220227-194712_Chrome.jpg

Thanks Chainlube and DieselTech for finding this. After studying these two drawings I realize none of these holes line up with a Huasheng 142F. The 100mm bolt hole circle would fall between the two sets of holes drilled in the plate. One would have to drill a new set of holes in the four open areas. Then the question would be...............will this make the transmission angle something that we can not work with ? Big favor Chainlube if you would. Cut open a paper bag and draw around your transmission plate including ALL the holes. If you're willing, I'll give you my address and you can mail it. That way I can make darn sure everything will fit because at this point there'll be no going back. I find myself laughing because there's really nothing to go back to. Thanks again guys.

One more thing I just realized. The Predator , which this transmission is designed for, is a low RPM engine. This will require me to change the sprocket on my tire. Without knowing the Final Drive Ratio through this transmission it will be difficult, if not impossible, to calculate. All I can find is the driven pulley is 6 inches in diameter. No idea on the drive pulley because it is variable. Has anyone ever heard anything about this?

Thanks Chainlube and DieselTech for finding this. After studying these two drawings I realize none of these holes line up with a Huasheng 142F. The 100mm bolt hole circle would fall between the two sets of holes drilled in the plate. One would have to drill a new set of holes in the four open areas. Then the question would be...............will this make the transmission angle something that we can not work with ? Big favor Chainlube if you would. Cut open a paper bag and draw around your transmission plate including ALL the holes. If you're willing, I'll give you my address and you can mail it. That way I can make darn sure everything will fit because at this point there'll be no going back. I find myself laughing because there's really nothing to go back to. Thanks again guys.
I got a TAV as well, dont know where you are located, but bet I could get you a pattern.

One more thing I just realized. The Predator , which this transmission is designed for, is a low RPM engine. This will require me to change the sprocket on my tire. Without knowing the Final Drive Ratio through this transmission it will be difficult, if not impossible, to calculate. All I can find is the driven pulley is 6 inches in diameter. No idea on the drive pulley because it is variable. Has anyone ever heard anything about this?
I got a TAV & a flat briggs on a all hand built mini chopper with a 60 tooth #35 chain sprocket I can easily run 48mph. Keep in mind the there is not 1 thing stock on my flathead briggs thou.

Back