Who to buy a kit from?

kmarcetjr

Local time
8:07 PM
Setting customer service issues aside, is there one seller that has a better quality basic build kit than some other sellers.
I figure I can spend up to about $225 on a basic build kit, bikeberry seems to have pretty good ratings from what I have read. Are their kits better or worse than others in my price range?
This is going to be my first build and I don't want to break the bank to find out I hate motorized bicycles.
But on the other hand, I'd like to try to use this build as my main means of transportation.

I don't know where you are looking, but all I have seen from Bikeberry is horror stories. I have only bought one item from them and it was a hub adapter and sprocket. My only complaint was the inside of the threads on the adapter were a bit rusted. Sill worked fine though. Another thing about them is they can be horrendously pricey one some items.

I recommend thatsdax.com. I purchased his F80 kit (69cc) two years ago and I haven't had any problems with the engine what so ever. That same kit fits just in your price range ($225).

I'm waiting for umoto too - they say about a week till new supply comes in

not sure if they are completely out, as I usually order 20 or 30 at a time

Last edited:
IMG_20170404_154751.jpg
Well thanks for the feedback I decide on ordering from bicycle motor works, delivery is expected on Monday.
Here is what I will be building on.

Attachments

• IMG_20170404_154751.jpg
    IMG_20170404_154751.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 221
View attachment 76211 Well thanks for the feedback I decide on ordering from bicycle motor works, delivery is expected on Monday.
Here is what I will be building on.
Good choice, Matt is a pretty darn good vendor for parts. Don't quote me on this but I think the last Kent like that I saw the guy had trouble with the chain hitting that top half of the rear triangle along the top running part of the chain. He had to ditch it since it ate too much of the tube up by the time anyone noticed.

Good choice, Matt is a pretty darn good vendor for parts. Don't quote me on this but I think the last Kent like that I saw the guy had trouble with the chain hitting that top half of the rear triangle along the top running part of the chain. He had to ditch it since it ate too much of the tube up by the time anyone noticed.

Well I did a google image search and found others that had built on the same frame, but I'll keep an eye open for that problem.

Well I did a google image search and found others that had built on the same frame, but I'll keep an eye open for that problem.
Then they are lucky or more likely it's not the same frame, I seen so many bikes with motors its all starting to look the same schwinn, mongoose, trek, huffy, felt, Kent, Minnesota, ironhorse, next, did I say schwinn? All look like an Indian with a greasy motor plopped in the frame. I just remember he had a felt, and not long later, he didn't.

Last edited:
Then they are lucky or more likely it's not the same frame, I seen so many bikes with motors its all starting to look the same schwinn, mongoose, trek, huffy, felt, Kent, Minnesota, ironhorse, next, did I say schwinn? All look like an Indian with a greasy motor plopped in the frame. I just remember he had a felt, and not long later, he didn't.

Well certainly all cruisers looks alike, I don't know if this will be the first of more than 1 build, or the first and the last, but if I do another build after the first it will be on something other than a big box store bike. I like unique things, custom is cool, cookie cutter is bland.

Well certainly all cruisers looks alike, I don't know if this will be the first of more than 1 build, or the first and the last, but if I do another build after the first it will be on something other than a big box store bike. I like unique things, custom is cool, cookie cutter is bland.
Yes young grasshopper, but cookie cutter tried and true, custom might be s**t shot from start.

Back