Who to buy from??

M

mrsaxman99

welcome, mrsaxman99...

i'm just getting started myself, been shopping for months now...imo, dax is the guy to go with, i'll be buying a "70" from him next month.

i bought from dax and i am very satisfied. i had a small problem with the fuel valve and i emailed them about it- had a new one in 4 days!

as far as the whole70/80 cc thing, some guy who sells these on ebay has a big speil about how there aren't really any 80cc kits and that those who sell them are really just magically bumping up the 70's rated displacement. whether or not its tue, who knows :?

i don't think you'll be unhappy with dax. just remeber that all of these are cheap chinese kits and the fit and finish is not like a mercedes- if you keep this in mind i think you'll be quite satisfied with your kit.

Good luck and happy shopping :D

Tom said:
I bought a 80 from dax through ebay. It worked out great for me!

I only see 50cc and 70cc listed on the site (www.thatsdax.com). Did you mis-type, or do they offer a 80cc version as well?

Sounds like Dax is the way to go, but just out of curiousity - has anyone had any experience with the other two companies listed above?

hi i got my 80cc from kings. it is the same engine as the ones that are sold as 70cc. the service with kings was great. they had my engine kit on sale at the time 180 plus 46 dollars ship and insurance.226 dollars total . the thing runs great no problems so far with the exception of minor adjustments as time goes by. i have maybe 600 to 700 miles on it so far and it runs stronger than ever. i'm really quite pleased. the one problem i had was one day i was riding and the thing lost power and had fits and starts. it was discovered that the intake man. gasket had melted and turned to red goo. i cleaned it up and cut another one from regular gasket material and have had no problems sence. now i hear that a 1600 vw heat rizer gasket fits with some minor mods.i'll check it out. the bottom line is price and service , both excellent with kings....tom in west virginia

Tom where are you in WV? I'm in Blacksburg, VA (right outside of Roanoke)...bout to bring a whole bunch of interest in Motorized Bicycles to the Virginia Tech Campus :D

Hi I'm in martinsburg W.V. its in the eastern panhandle of wv . I'm about 70 miles north of D.c. 65 miles nw of baltimore in between - 16mi-to 20 mi each way Hagerstown Md. and Winchester Va. on interstate 81. i think I'll be building these bikes for sale very soon if things work out with the bike shop.!!! Tom

it's MrSaxMan99, but every now and then I change it up...it's my AOL IM screename

Back