Who uses a motored bike as a daily commuter?

I've been looking at something called AirFree tires. They're a little pricey, like 70 bucks for 2, but they have a lifetime guarantee, and reportedly can hold weights up to 350 pounds.
First I've heard about these.
THANK YOU, SO MUCH for clueing me in on those.

Dean

Airless setup

Mmmm Interesting, Yesterday, I ran down to Walmart to buy a slime tube. (Picked up a roofing tack and the back tire was spewing green slime everywhere. Saw some foam "airless" tubes. Did not have time to check the price out but that was the first time I had seen those.

My wife came to me today and asked me what the mileage of one of my Motored bikes would be? We payed 3.74.09 for gas today, I wonder if that had any influence on the reason she asked the mileage. I told her that "I think I could get about 150 Mi. to the gallon if I tried", OH she exclaimed, and left it at that. Now if she asks me to start one up for her to go to work, I will get a picture to post up here. I don't think she has any business on a motor bike, for that matter nether should I, but that is another thing. If enough of the cars were off the road I think I would let her, but not with the (NUT'S) in my town. It looks like a lot of you are using your bikes for every day to ride to work. I took mine to work in the back of my truck and then rode it home to leave the truck there. It is 9 mi to work and I can use the bike path on the river levy and the side streets make it a little better. The traffic for me is the biggest hang up. Well have fun, Dave

hey hey hey this is all i have to say 70mil a day baby

im a delivery boy for potato shack here in texas and get this

in just six hours i can get any thing from 35-60 bucks on top

of hr pay and only use $1 a day

and make more then a car and am faster

Mmmm Interesting, Yesterday, I ran down to Walmart to buy a slime tube. (Picked up a roofing tack and the back tire was spewing green slime everywhere. Saw some foam "airless" tubes. Did not have time to check the price out but that was the first time I had seen those.

Don't even bother looking at those foam airless tubes. They suck. Just about any reputable bicycle shop will tell you to steer clear of them. They are very, very hard to mount, and sometimes the rim bends while trying to mount. Plus they are not very good at weight bearing. I'm around 240 and the "airfree" can hold up to 350. Just some info I thought I'd pass along.

hey hey hey this is all i have to say 70mil a day baby

im a delivery boy for potato shack here in texas and get this

in just six hours i can get any thing from 35-60 bucks on top

of hr pay and only use $1 a day

and make more then a car and am faster

Potato Shack?
You mean The Original Meal in a Peel?

HA! :D
(never heard of it. Had to look it up. ;) )

Dean

lol thats where i work as a driver on the bike its a blast here in town

a love rush hour i just peddale in and out of traffic all the time

Ah yes, one of the beauties of living in Washington...only 365 days of rain per year (ok, ok, its usually only 364, but you get my point).
You're lucky you have a laundry facility at your work.
After slogging around in the rain, all I've got is the back of a chair and the fact that it'll probably be 2 hours before I have to go back out into it.
...oh yeah, and I always carrry an umbrella (or course, that doesn't make much sense to use on a bike).
Have you ever tried one of those rain coats that are like a poncho?
If so, how did that work for you, as far as riding your bike?

Gas on Bainbridge is around $3.599, as of last week.
Man, I'm glad I'm walkin' to work right now!

Dean

Last edited:
Back