Who / what to avoid.

K

kerf

As a couple recent of post have reminded me, there are the unscrupulous among us just waiting to pounce from under their rock on the unsuspecting. There are many vendors within our community that run honest businesses and we need a way to help those new to the sport know whom to trust and whom to avoid. Nothing fancy, maybe a vendor listing that members can grade (1 to 5 ???) and run an average rating for each vendor. I'm not thinking long drawn out post, full of juicy details, just a way to gauge customer satisfaction.

With so many new people finding us and MB's, do we really want their first experience to be a train wreck? I don't believe that will help the community to grow.

L

Large Filipino

Were actually discussing this at the mod forum.
Were thinking of how we can make this unbiased. Like were discussing a possible rule that vendors cannot chime in and nothing on the polls would be confidential so we know who did what rating. Any other suggestions to this please chime in for it would be a great resource to the Motoredbike Newb,and we don't like to see bad experiences.
But at the same time,I hope a thread like this doesn't escalate into more drama.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

kerf

My thinking would be categories such as, service before the sale, service after the sale, product satisfaction, delivery response etc. All rated on a scale of 1 to 5, 5 being the best. All scores within each category would be averaged into a mean score. The screen name of the poster would be listed but no verbiage, just numbers.

augidog

unless you allow for a way to express opinion on character, the "poll" can't be unbiased...it will just evolve into another sales tool for the vendors...haven't y'all had enuff of that yet?

W

wavygravy

ya! what augidog said! rabid vendor issues, sheesh!! i yearn for the less vendor clutter motoredbikes.com. of yesteryear!!

K

kerf

Threads are for opinion, this should have a place for a number. Haven't you seen what happens to so called polls on this site, they turn into a soap opera.
Little data can be collected in a soap box environment.

L

Large Filipino

Yea I'm tired of the drama too. I mean newbs can simply just ask us what we think is the best kit. Newbs have already asked that from us and we've given them some good answers. This grade system for vendors just leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

augidog

so, members who are dedicated to the original "consumerism" of MBc can be a huge help by posting honest (brutally honest...after all, we're the customer) real-time reviews, then send any "what's the best?" posts to the review area.

i am so sorry i ever accepted that first "test-product" for review.

sparky

Threads are for opinion, this should have a place for a number. Haven't you seen what happens to so called polls on this site, they turn into a soap opera.
Little data can be collected in a soap box environment.
Seems to me that when people request for people to "only post numbers", or "only this or that"... it doesn't work out.

A thread should be started that has one rule for the first post... "Follow this format: (1)vendor (2) yada, yada", and then the first poster would start his own little mini review, leading as example. I agree that there needs to be a format like kerf suggested, but with verbalized opinions on character as well, as augi suggested.

One thread to rule all reviews! I, for one, like the idea of one thread for all reviews. It'd make searching for opinions on a specific vendor MUCH easier... just use the "Search this thread" feature and you'll have every MBc opinion that ever existed for a vendor... then another thread specifically for products could come later??

Last edited:
K

kerf

I'm not talking about requesting members only give a numeric rating, I'm saying that's all this section accepts, there's no place for dialog. We currently have plenty of space for dialog and vendor info is out there but scattered in 10,000 different post. Restaurants are rated on one to five stars as are many businesses so why not here. Keep it simple and on point if you want to get a message out.