Whooshing noise at high rpm's and possible overheat?

That's a little on the cool side.With NGK the higher the number the cooler the plug. I use a B7HS. Some use a B6HS.

I don't think I have an air leak, it idles fine when I start it and the spark plug is a nice tan color. What is this internal arcing, and how can I fix it?
be sure the stator is clean & mounting area is clean - if rivets are loose, then better to get another one as pressing those can be hard for average home fixers

be sure the stator is clean & mounting area is clean - if rivets are loose, then better to get another one as pressing those can be hard for average home fixers
rivets looked extremely loose on the magneto.. I cleaned up and installed an old magneto and the bike ran great! Thank you guys so much for your help!

Already have an NGK, its a B8ES i think... is that too hot of a plug?
I recommend a heat range of 6 or 7. im currently using an NGK B7HS with no issues. try replacing the spark plug. its the cheapest option for now. if the problem still continues the next thing i'm guessing is the magneto. or your spark plug gap may be incorrect.

and for the whoosing sound might be the clutch slipping. a video recording would help

I'd expect to find that the whoosing sound was the motor turning without a spark.

Back