Whooshing noise at high rpm's and possible overheat?

dparenti13

Local time
5:30 AM
Hi, I'm on my second tank of breaking in my Zeda Stage 2 engine, the bike has been running okay so far. Recently I noticed at higher rpm's the bike starts to make a whooshing noise that I haven't heard before, and whenever I come down off the throttle after running at higher rpm's for 10-15 seconds, the bike runs really choppy until its back lower. Also the last ride I took the bike started like misfiring? It was almost like turning itself on and off again then I pulled the clutch in and it died. I let it cool down for 5 mins and it started right up. Is my bike overheating? Is the noise from too advanced ignition timing? The bike isn't really running how it should at high rpm, and I know it's still breaking in, but this doesn't seem normal.

Oil fuel mix? Check spark plug maybe or do a plug chop (Search it up)

Maybe chain hitting the frame is the chain tight?

The chain could be hitting the frame, it's fairly tight, maybe a half inch of freeplay. Would that be the noise? I'm running 24:1 synthetic, first tank I ran 20:1 non synthetic.

What could cause the bike to stop running all of a sudden during a ride, then start right up after 5 minutes?

you should probably try to find where the noise is coming from - clutch slipping or chain rubbing is common

I think it might be the chain rubbing against my motor mount.. I'm more worried about the engine stalling out

could just be that it doesn't have enough power at idle to pull a rubbing chain

first fix alll things like that that are wrong and then see what you have

Does it idle slow or fast? Maybe an air leak? You can check by spraying WD40 where you mount the intake manifold to the engine, or where the carburetor is on the intake manifold. If you spray WD-40 and the idle changes you have an air leak. You can buy red Hi-temp silicone gasket wich is in a tube, and apply it when the engine is cold, spread it, and wait a day. Be generous with it. I needed to do it too.

If it idles slow, screw the little screw in with the spring on in a bit

It was like stalling out at 20-25mph, the chain rubbing isn't that bad. I definitely don't have a vacuum leak because it idles fine, and when I pull in the clutch the revs drop fast.

The bike runs completely fine up until like 25-28mph, it has quite a bit of torque up until then too.

Back