Whooshing noise at high rpm's and possible overheat?

if it is surging at that speed, most likely cause is excess vibration - check motor mounts

Replaced the CDI with a new one I had around and it ran alot better at higher speeds. I fixed the chain rubbing completely. The bike runs good for a solid 15-20 mins then I let it cool down for 5 minutes before continuing. But normally at the end of my rides (30 mins total maybe) the bike starts misfiring, shaking back and forth and when I pull the clutch in the bike stalls. It starts right up again if I let the bike cool down. Also I noticed after coming off the throttle after being at high rpms, the engine runs kind of rough. Not really sure whats causing all of this...

Replaced the CDI with a new one I had around and it ran alot better at higher speeds. I fixed the chain rubbing completely. The bike runs good for a solid 15-20 mins then I let it cool down for 5 minutes before continuing. But normally at the end of my rides (30 mins total maybe) the bike starts misfiring, shaking back and forth and when I pull the clutch in the bike stalls. It starts right up again if I let the bike cool down. Also I noticed after coming off the throttle after being at high rpms, the engine runs kind of rough. Not really sure whats causing all of this...
Wasn't there a cdi heating up issue that could be causing this type of problem? They warm up and get funky, unless this has been happening before the cdi swap.

Yeah, my cdi is mounted fairly close to my exhaust and head, should I try relocating it? Both CDI's have had this issue, but the bike overall ran better before it heated up.

that heat problem was mags internally arcing due to loose rivets or loose ground

there was an air leak earlier in this thread, so may be just motor overheating

that heat problem was mags internally arcing due to loose rivets or loose ground

there was an air leak earlier in this thread, so may be just motor overheating
I don't think I have an air leak, it idles fine when I start it and the spark plug is a nice tan color. What is this internal arcing, and how can I fix it?

The chain thing is total bulls**t. The vibration thing is highly possible, but generally that causes a oscillating speed up slow down speed up slow down cycle without the engine dying and no change in throttle position. I'm leaning towards CDI just on account of the misfiring.

I've had this problem before and found out it was the spark plug. once the spark plug gets over a certain temp it stops firing. i recommend you go replace the cheap Chinese spark plug with some ngk plugs

I've had this problem before and found out it was the spark plug. once the spark plug gets over a certain temp it stops firing. i recommend you go replace the cheap Chinese spark plug with some ngk plugs
Already have an NGK, its a B8ES i think... is that too hot of a plug?

Back