Fuel Mixture Who's running what? (OIL)

What kind and how much oil?

• Total voters
G

Just wondering, who's running what and how much?

Dinosaur oil is "vegatable based" oil or regular non-synthetic two stroke oil.
Synthetic is the more expensive, supposedly "better" oil.

Suggestions for dino oil- Penzoil FOR AIR COOLED ENGINES. (inexpensive, the only one I would use that is non sysnthetic except for Yamalube semi synthetic.)
Suggestions for synthetic- Poulan synthetic for air cooled two strokes. (really good, and doesn't cost an arm and a leg, plus it's readily available @Wal-Mart) or Yamalube semi synthetic. (great oil, not as inexpensive)

DON'T USE OUTBOARD MOTOR OIL.....PLEASE!

I know we don't vote in polls around here, but this one could be the beginning of a new era.....

Also, I can show you proof that 20/1 is waaaaay too much oil, no matter what you are using.

I too use Pennzoil 2/cycle for air cooled engines because that's what I use in my Rotax ultralight engine. I usually buy it 2 cases at a time.

My guess is that the Chinese peasents who use these engines run any kind of oil they can find, probably regular car engine oil.

Moth

I use Amsoil Saber, mixed 40:1, but let it be known, I am not scared of dino oil. I may look at Poulan synthetic next time I have to go to walmart.

2 STROKE OIL

True...The Asians use motor oil to mix. You can do this and it works fine. A 2 stroke oil works better. go 20:1 for break in. Go 35:1 or even 40:1 after break in. Going 20:1 all the time causes excessive carbon build up. No big deal. Clean out the carbon and keep going. If you go 40:1 you will have more power and less carbon build up. I have heard that those using synthetic oil will go 75:1. I have heard this..I have never done it..But...I would like to do it and do a long term test using synthetic and see how it goes with 75 or even 100:1 . I will let you all know...Thanks..Enjoy the ride..

i chimed in with my briggs & stratton oil at 36:1...if i knew i could safely go to 50:1 (which the oil-bottle says it will handle) that'd be great news.

After break-in is complete, you could run 50/1 synthetic augi. I'd go 40/1 for Penzoil or any other non-synthetic.

I run 40:1 synthetic and personally like either Stihl or Huskavarna. I tried the Poulan and maybe it was in my head but there seemed to be a loss of power, I dumped the rest of that gas can...Kelly

I run 40:1 Motul 510 in everything, even my motorcycle and string trimmer.

Anybody runing more than 40:1 synthetic is wasting their money. I just tore and engine apart and was pleasantly surprised to find that the rod end bearings were roller bearings!

There is nothing unique about our engines that require it to run a rich oil mixture. I suspect the manufacturer criteria is based on the fact that Chinese petroleum products (lubes and fuels) is pretty piss poor in quality and a 20-32:1 mixture ratio would be necessary if you are using motor oil instead of 2 stroke oil.

From now on, it'll be 2.5 oz a gallon mix for me. I've got 2 stroke engines that are built worse than these china motors and still get 50:1 ratio.

Back