Who's used the nitrous kit?

Discussion in 'Performance Mods' started by a/c man, Aug 14, 2010.

1. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

IF I had nitrous I think I'd use it for longer than 5 seconds at a time and thus probably do some engine damage.
    If you're going to race someone down the block I think you'll be wide open probably 10 seconds or more.
    I just think there's better ways to get power without risking seizing.

<
  2. skyash

skyash Active Member

Yeah it's only good mid rev to hi or low and you blow your motor same with my car.

3. Frankenstein

Frankenstein Well-Known Member

I said again, use a turbo to push air through a rich carb, this will cause an extra rich fuel/air mix to come out of the carb, as that mix is on the way to the motor, get nos into said stream, this will hit the engine with at least normal crankcase pressure, and therefore, with extra gasoline and a strong oxidizer per cubic cm, will burn with greater power. I drew a picture so it can looked at instead of brain damaged. Note091316_1.jpg
    I would figure that a thumb lever would open the rich carbs slider, so while in non-operation the door is closed and the normal carb gets its diet via the filter, and the thumb lever can have a normally open momentary switch on it, much like a brake lever switch works.

The pressing of the lever opens the carb, turns on the electric turbo, and operates a relay to let nitrous into the outgoing stream from the rich carb. This all flies to the mains carb on the motor, and is flooding the system with gas and nitrous.

Best part? You can safely test this system to best operating ratio by leaving most of the set up alone after being built, all you do is slowly increase nitrous levels untill it runs best, not enough and the engine slows or stalls from too much fuel, like a too rich carb setting would do, too much nitrous and you'll be looking at a top end rebuild, so just don't OD on the trial runs.

4. butre

butre Well-Known Member

why bother with an extra carburetor when you could just have a jet in the plenum somewhere with a fuel pump behind it?

you know, like every other nitrous installation in the world. simpler, cleaner, cheaper, works better...

5. Frankenstein

Beats me why not, every other installation in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD? I don't know where you got the statistics, but I'll take your word on it, time for something new then right?

How much for a 'proper' pump and jet thingy and nitrous oxide dispenseriser do flegmahjig that is properly sized for something along the lines of a bicyle motor? I think I have nearly every part needed to make this work except a cheap plastic piece of sh*t from eBay. 40 dollars don't sound all that bad, if it doesn't work well at least I have a new nail dryer for my toenail painting parties.

6. butre

butre Well-Known Member

any electric pump that won't go squishy in fuel will work. a wiper fluid pump should work, since they don't seem to fall apart pumping methanol. so that's $12. a small carb jet would work, that's about $1. tubing can be regular fuel line, so that's another $3. throw in a couple of relays, a switch, and some wiring and you're looking at a $30 project plus the cost of the nitrous

your idea, the carb and the electric fan is already twice what I'm suggesting, and we haven't even gotten into relays and such yet

7. skyash

skyash Active Member

Turbo need to make psi not hi volume air.how mush psi could your carby take and the manifold probably nun the hole system needs to be air tight .1 psi is about 1000w electronic motor turbo .....did you see the pocket bike nos kit a ring go's on your carby filter spraying a mist of nos in .you just run a rich needle sitting and put more oil in your fuel .I have a bottle that lets RC fuel in my carby when I like cheaper then nos .RC nitro fuel $10 a litre makes your bike sing or blow up lol

8. HeadSmess

HeadSmess Well-Known Member

once again, a mikuni with plunger choke adds extra fuel... all you gotta do is feed the NOS into the choke hole in the throat of the carb... and adjusting the amount of extra fuel delivered "on choke" isnt terribly hard to do... or varying the ratio between NOS and air that normally enters the choke system to obtain the ideal mixture.

seems easier than an electric turbo that requires a power supply, doesnt raise the pressure in the crankcase doodly squat, plus another carb, levers, hoses, etc... seriously, those electric turbos are little more than a glorified version of these...
    [​IMG]

ahhh, RC fuel... if youre engine runs on that stuff neat, its way to rich for running on petrol. methanol requires FOUR times the amount of fuel to burn at the correct mixture. (stoichometric ratio of 4:1 versus 14:1 for petrol)

adding 100ml or so to a tank tho...now that can help :) and smells nice, too! doesnt hurt to have the carb jetted fairly rich when doing such things. the methanol makes it run leaner anyway, and the nitro acts as an oxidiser to counteract the excess fuel. more fuel and oxygen...more get up and go!

you can also buy nitromethane by itself... just add that to the fuel, measured out the same way as the oil is, and jet the carb to suit. no hoses, no valves, no regulators, no modifications other than jetting...

9. Frankenstein

Hey now that's a pretty good idea! I think I have an old wiper pump from that old suzuki, probably one of the few things left under the hood to not be parted..

Do you think that a manually actuated valve would be better than an electrically driven one? Same idea with a thumb lever, but have it open a valve that lets nitrous out?

10. Frankenstein

Also I need to be able to vary the amount of fuel and nitrous, if I let off the thumb switch it will be responsive to the change in amount across the levers pull.

As in like how a gas pedal works, little push, little gas, big push, lots o' gas

11. skyash

skyash Active Member

What do you expect to get out of your motor with all this .? .if you can't get the power you want now I doubt this idea will do it . Better to get a 125cc

12. skyash

skyash Active Member

It would be like nos all the time lol

13. Frankenstein

With all this dealing with Allentown traffic conditions would be significantly easier. Like I stated somewhere once upon a time, I built my bike for rugged crap half assed roads and a terrible mix of God awful drivers and it's all happening on hills.

14. Frankenstein

Swear if I lived in Florida with those beautiful perfect roads I wouldn't even have even gone as far as greasing the clutch arm bucking ball area.

My engine would run like sh*t but I would have so many great roads to ride on I wouldn't care.

15. Frankenstein

I'd visit any place in Florida and I would only stay for the roads. Makes PA roads look like an obstacle course consisting of a 50 foot wide 9 foot deep and 200 foot long pit consisting of nothing but a foot thick layer venomous snakes and bear traps.

I think I might die if I'd try driving on them without using the sidewalks as safety zones. Sorry kids I know it's a school zone but that pothole over there swallowed 4 children and a crossing guard, I ain't driving over that.

Oh look city hall just fell into a pothole too....

16. Frankenstein

Should have put city hall on the other side of the hill, the potholes on that side are only half the size...

17. Tj-hooker

Tj-hooker Guest

I was just reading through this and came up with a crazy plan I don't know if it is going work or not but, I've done quite the research on these little pu putt that we all on this forum have created muahaha :) but Im pretty sure you guys have seen the boost bottles right, and how it is mounted directly over the engine with the same displacement within the clynder . With the boost bottle tapped into the carb ,well my plan is if you hook up the N2 in series with the boost bottle we would have the mixture ratio within the boost bottle and it will be forces into the carb and suck squeeze bang blow ..... or is that the Otto cycle never mind but it a theory till proven oh
    Ps the boost bottles collects the vapors form the carb and also proven to give substantial gains i forgot at what point of the power band ok toddles gear heads

18. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

19. Frankenstein

You would need to provide additional fuel and probably oil to get used by the No2 otherwise you'll go lean and burn the motor up.

20. KCvale

KCvale Motorized Bicycle Vendor

..go down as a big waste of money.
    Combing the 2 biggest joke scam useless add-ons known to MB's together is well.. let me just say humorous.

A boost bottle doesn't have the cc displacement of your engine, it is just for back pressure in the input, typically just a couple CCs. And forcing more than the engine would use simply goes out the exhaust.

The best power boost for a 2-stroke is an expansion chamber exhaust, it forces the already good fuel mix that went out the exhaust back into the cylinder like a reverse turbo charger.

[​IMG]
    Follow the green 'gas/air/ mix'.
    Shoving more fuel in front will just result in poor running and more raw fuel coming out your exhaust.