why can't i slow down?

batmanandjoker

Local time
3:58 AM
i have taken a look at the carb and i don't see any issues there! so why will my throttle not slow down?!?! i have to use my break or kill switch in order to have it slow down or come to a complete stop the throttle is only firing up and will power up and keep going but will not slow down at all!

it starts out slow but once i twist the throttle a little to give it more it ends up getting stuck on high and will not let me slow down at all!

When you put the barrel slide into the top part of the carburetor once you set your needle valve, did you happen to notice the little nub on the inside of the carby that the long notch of the barrel is supposed to slide over so your throttle doesn't hang up???

as i said before i checked that already
I mentioned that only because that as well as a cable snagged inside the cable housing are two of the most common reasons for this to happen.

Since you seem to have checked everything already, I can't think of anything more to suggest to you then...I will leave it up to others who may be better able to assist you.

yes and i have it running fine now the throttle but when i adjust my carb to give it more gas if i go the full way it fails out and yes this is a new setup

Back