Why do my engines keep on going? lol

Karl Snarl

Local time
8:43 AM
Any body else get told and get the feeling like your engines were going to grenade each year, when you first got into this hobby? I see some of the junk kits kids brought me to put on bikes, still going strong. Parents don't like to buy their kids quality I guess. I went through the engines, etc. They are still running though. Where's all these dead engines at? I heard such horror stories, and well I'm not experiencing any of them, unless it was self induced. I mean really, you have to kill one seeing what they can do before ya totally settle down and get back to being a mechanic. Tell me your horror stories, I don't have any. I want to hear about the junkiest engine you ever had, the smelliest stickiest clank clackty hunk of beer cans you ever slapped on your ride. Not that I won't take a deal when I see one, but I've mainly stuck to two vendors for parts since I found out about these engines. Never had any want to switch, they never done me wrong. Anyway, tell me your spookiest scariest hunk of pot metal story, I'm all ears ( or is it eyes? who knows).

Well there are people that swear you don't need an air filter on your carb because these "cheap 100 dollar motors" aren't worth caring about. Maybe if they kept s**t out of their carbs with an air filter they'd have a different impression.

Well there are people that swear you don't need an air filter on your carb because these "cheap 100 dollar motors" aren't worth caring about. Maybe if they kept sh*t out of their carbs with an air filter they'd have a different impression.
Sounds like my buddy John. He swears its faster without. An it is about 2 mph faster. Also runs so hot its begining to burn the paint off. Only reason it hasn't seized yet is because he's running 20:1. Its coming though. He spent $350 on his kit and the engines by my ears will be dead before the years up. I'll put money down when the temp shifts downward, he seizes that engine the first ride. Mark my words, lol. I'll post when it seizes and maybe get some pics to show what to lean and no filter does to the inside of these.

I've only killed one of these engines completely. All my fault too. I pushed it way to hard and for about a half mile i had it pegged, she was yelling at me its to much. I told her idc go .1 mph and I'll back off. That's the day i joined the 40 club. I seized at 42.9mph. I wanted 43. She said no, I kept pushing. She won, I needed a new motor. It shredded the piston and bearing. Rings were in the muffler and I have no clue where the gudgeon went, probably all the shards that were in the bottom end. I never did that again, it was fun though. Learned a valuable lesson on 2 strokes that day.

Oh and if the rain holds off and his wife says he can come out and play with me and the bikes, I'll snap a picture of his blue header. lol. It's so nice and candy apple blue, it's scary to see. He still swears it runs great though, lmfao.

Back