Why does everyone hate 4-stroke bikes?

Wrench what is a milwaukee eight harley engine? Is it the new production engines?

Speaking of flatheads, I've considered doing a 4.5 hp push mower engine conversion to put on something. Now I've done the governor delete and conversion to run them as horizontal shaft instead of vertical so that's nothing to figure out or learn... but I've heard flaty's tend to float valves or fly apart easier than an OHV.

I know just how much more wicked a tuned up flaty sounds on a straight pipe.
You have to watch Warpped Perception. With all the tricks he does to a flat head.

Flatheads just need bigger valves, better springs & a decent cam, Briggs & stratton that is, of course thou a ARC billet rod & flywheel. With a wiseco piston. Mine dont float valves.

I used to race & build flatty briggs, I still build them from time to time, I got my alky flatty tore down right now, just checking it over, might use it on a bike. Weakest link is the stock connecting rod if you remove the governor on a flatty then the flywheel.

There is some flatty briggs with a stator/alternator but they are a rare breed dog. If you want cool factor look up briggs & stratton model N with kick start, I had 2 of them & like a dumba$$ I sold them, but that's b4 I got into motor bikes.

There is some flatty briggs with a stator/alternator but they are a rare breed dog. If you want cool factor look up briggs & stratton model N with kick start, I had 2 of them & like a dumba$$ I sold them, but that's b4 I got into motor bikes.
Well that IS a crying shame.

Yeah that's when I was young & dumb, & didnt know what I had, I got big money out of them in my eyes at that age. Still kicking myself in the a$$. Live & learn I guess!!!

One thing I dpn't understand is how you convert a vertical designed motor to work horizontally. The oil slinger and the oil sump is what I don't get how it works for both. I know the 142f/144f is used in both fashions using them as boat motors and uprights. Only talking about oil slingers here not the any position weed eater type motors.

One thing I dpn't understand is how you convert a vertical designed motor to work horizontally. The oil slinger and the oil sump is what I don't get how it works for both. I know the 142f/144f is used in both fashions using them as boat motors and uprights. Only talking about oil slingers here not the any position weed eater type motors.
Every time the crank goes around it splashes the oil no matter what orientation it is in.

Back