Why does everyone hate 4-stroke bikes?

Being a Whizzer owner, I Love 😍 my 2005 NE-5 138cc 4 stroke w/auto clutch. I've had her 15 years and I got over 38,500 miles on her.

It's all in the way ya modify your ride. Reliability and HP costs $$$
Good M/B builders will have between $1K and $3K invested in their 2 stroke or 4 stroke M/Bs

You say your 49cc 4 stroke can climb 25% to 30% grade hills @ 18-20 ish mph with a 180 lb rider ??? You must have a very short hill.
How about a pic of this 25% to 30% grade hill you climb.

I climb a couple of 25% to 30% grade hills almost every day on my M/C, and their steep. Too steep for a 49cc 4 stroke with a 44 tooth sprocket.
Here's some pics of a 25% to 30% hills.

View attachment 101873View attachment 101874View attachment 101875View attachment 101876View attachment 101877View attachment 101878View attachment 101879

First pic is the steeper hill behind the tunnel the bottom two are the hill i usually climb. Subaru bike was very slow and having to pedal assist the whole way about jogging speed half way up. The 49cc makes a ton of difference only pedal a few times at certain parts.

54004.jpeg
54008.jpeg
54007.jpeg

First pic is the steeper hill behind the tunnel the bottom two are the hill i usually climb. Subaru bike was very slow and having to pedal assist the whole way about jogging speed half way up. The 49cc makes a ton of difference only pedal a few times at certain parts.

View attachment 102033View attachment 102032View attachment 102030

Your not kidding, that hill looks steep I can see it gets steeper at the top.
If I had to climb that hill every day without peddling I would be impressed with my bike too
I know ya said you can make these hills @ 18 mph+(y) That's great, I'm sure a running start helps
I'm also wishing you a strong tail wind 🌬️💨

My Whizzer is a 138cc 4 stroke auto clutch with 4 1/2 HP
My Whizzer has a 44t on the front and a 20t on the rear for pedal power. When I've had to climb long steep hills in the past if my speed dropped to 15 or 17 mph I would pedal assist the motor to keep my momentum up. But if I reach 20 mph again she's holding her own because peddling at 20 mph don't help anymore. I can't pedal that fast :LOL:

I got some crazy steep hills around me. I have a choice. I can avoid hills where I live so I do
If I ever decide to torture my bike and climb some of those hills in the future I'll take some pics for ya
I'm pretty set in my ways now always looking for the easy grades.

Once I was somewhere I had never been before and I ended up climbing a mountain. I kept thinking just over this next hill or around the next turn it's gonna flatten out and I'll be at the top. It'll be all down hill from there. But after every hill and after every turn there was another hill. I would pedal when I had to but I peddled my Azz off that day. Actually a good work out 😫

I know ya said you can make these hills @ 18 mph+(y) That's great, I'm sure a running start helps
I'm also wishing you a strong tail wind 🌬️💨

Sure do I get speed before the trestle (the other one for the 2nd hill) not pictured but looks the same as 1st pic and go full tuck lol. About halfway up where that bend is it drops the rpm but keeps going.

moped superman.jpg

Last edited:
It all looks flat from here! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
It's a 4888' climb from the start point at the intersection in the first pic. Remember I can shift down if things get rough. No need to pedal at all.
The climb has some scary spots:
scary corner.png

Cars can be randomly coming around these corners at over 30 mph.

Last edited:
It's a 4888' climb from the start point at the intersection in the first pic. Remember I can shift down if things get rough. No need to pedal at all.
The climb has some scary spots:
View attachment 102056
Cars can be randomly coming around these corners at over 30 mph.
No worries, I got the same thing here. BC and California share similar ranges.

Back