Why have things not improved?

the pocket bike was a little dirt bike hole thing new was $200 the motor is in a 26inc low rider bike with 20inc wheels and today i put a 52 tooth sprocket on and it goes just like the dirt bike so really good take off but top speed 35 /40kmh the day before i had a 44t on and it was grate take off little peddling more the better but top speed was fast looks like i am gaining on cars in the 60kmh zone past the 4 stroke 49 cc that was flat out next to me then kept going a lot .but it needs a shift kit or sum thing one fixed gear is a bit poo but no miss firing . water proof so far . no playing with carbys or plugs. like a 66cc i will put up some pics

gear box Broke the chain is coming off and is loose eny one see be for

Attachments

• DSC_0108.JPG
    DSC_0108.JPG
    224.4 KB · Views: 179
  • DSC_0109.JPG
    DSC_0109.JPG
    262.7 KB · Views: 160
  • DSC_0115.JPG
    DSC_0115.JPG
    202.8 KB · Views: 171
  • DSC_0116.JPG
    DSC_0116.JPG
    225.2 KB · Views: 161
sbest, I completely agree that with a little work a Chinagirl can give amazing performance. We have one in the workshop that did 15 000km in a year. The problem is to do that you need to be willing to do a little work and maintenance yourself. Most people are no longer willing to do this and if you are planning on using the bike as a primary source of transport then it can not have any reliability issues. These where the reasons we started playing with new designs.

I do not see china girls being a transport solution any time soon. Great as a toy but that's where it ends. As you say electric do not have the range or power so where do you go if you want cheap reliable transport? Ps in South Africa what we call public transport is guaranteed to kill you

skyash nice looking bike. One of our dreams would be a quality version of that gearbox but to get that into production you are talking mega money.....

well i work at a sprocket company and go back to work tomorrow and am going to try to fix or make it better so i will see how i go

Do you gamble?
That's what's it's about, for the most part you'll see add-ons but no innovation-invention, it's not worth it at this point in America.

OK the speeds you want to go on a bike, you need a DH or Freeride, disc, or drum brakes, sealed bearings.
Common bicycles won't handle high speeds for long.
Innovation and Invention are not dead, just slow to market and expensive.
And you need the foreign contacts for production.

Yes, it's all about time and money and volume so it's damn hard, but not impossible, if you gamble...

Sick Bike Parts is a great example with their shift kit which revolutionized MB's.
Finally a way to get some real world performance from a small engine.

I have taken the ball from there for little ~50cc 4-stroke engines and created the 10G long shaft belt drive transfer case and helped in the design of the GT2A-150 gas tank frame to build bikes like this dual disc 3-speed shifting beauty.

GT2-10G-53-DoneL-1280.jpg

GT2-10G-53-DoneR-1280.jpg

Again, innovation is not dead, just dirty cheap 2-stroke engine technology in a world that wants to breath.

Neat stuff, helpful as can be, but those are add-ons,innovative, but not inventions.An invention would be a complete engine designed to mount/adapt to bicycles.

Yeah well got a gear box off a pocket bike made a new shaft way fater then stock new sprockets little bit bigger then stock new hd chain with split link new bearings. Made it sealed so I can fill it with oil so it's wet all the time and has been working good.

Back