why i wish i would have never bought a bicycle engine kit

Oh cripes, i only wished i had to get to Dakar in summer, for it would be a walk in the park with my bike and kit, especially with my personally designed chain tensioners that refuse to break; bolts that don't break and even thread lock that doesn't break ;-)
After going through 7 engines you think you would have your 8th one fine tuned. Did you have to replace all the bolts on your kit like everyone has? I give ya credit on the tensioner!

It's such a surprising thing - i have not replaced any head bolts (mine using the weaker 6mm head studs) on any engine; never having had a head bolt fail or any other engine bolts fail.

The only bolts i've replaced (prior to use) are the two exhaust flange bolts, with SickBikeParts hardened items, and only as a preventative measure when ordering my Shift kit.
Maybe i am doing something wrong with my installation technique because none of the bolts on the engine have broken, even after strip down and reassembly and run-time.

I am sure i must be doing something wrong with my installation technique to achieve such reliability.

It's such a surprising thing - i have not replaced any head bolts (mine using the weaker 6mm head studs) on any engine; never having had a head bolt fail or any other engine bolts fail.

The only bolts i've replaced (prior to use) are the two exhaust flange bolts, with SickBikeParts hardened items, and only as a preventative measure when ordering my Shift kit.
Maybe i am doing something wrong with my installation technique because none of the bolts on the engine have broken, even after strip down and reassembly and run-time.

I am sure i must be doing something wrong with my installation technique to achieve such reliability.

Those exhaust bolts like to vibrate out. They do that in any kit. I always locktite mine.I have heard of people taking out all the bolts and replacing them. I thought that seemed a bit much to be doing.

Only bolts I've replaced were the 4 motor mount studs after one broke (okay, so my bike has 3 studs left). The 2 intake and 2 exhaust studs were also replaced. I removed the head and found the head studs to be loose, so those got tightened, and the stock acorn nuts striped out when I tried to torque the head back down, so they were replaced as well, still stock studs tho.

When I had to rebuild my rear wheel, I found the threads on the bolts for the rear sprocket to be damaged, so those all got replaced.

I see really no point in replacing all the case bolts, they aren't under any real load. Just stuff that's under load would need to be replaced, or anything that works loose more than once.

There was pretty bad casting slag on the inside of the head, so that got polished up. Their was also some in the intake and exhaust ports, which also was removed. Honestly, I'm sure I could have left that all alone and it would haven't ever been an issue, but the Dremel was right there. :D

1. The front motor mount broke after a few days. cost me $20
2. The spokes broke twice $50
3. The bolts all come loose and fall off. $10
4. The weel popped off.
5. The muffler fell off, twice, and when i was fixing it it burnt my arm
6. Gas leaked all over my garage when i was trying to fix it.
7. You really cant turn off the gas, so it floods the carb, and is very hard to start up in the morning.
8. You get oil all over your hand, cloths, and houce when you fix it, because all the seals suck and it gets all over the engine, and all over your bike.
9. My bike broke down on me almost every time I rode it.
10. these are not a cheaper form of transportation, they break down, and cost alot to fix. A scooter is alot better.

Bummer..should have went with a reliable friction drive..check out staton and bumblebeebolton..I like the bee's the best. but i have heard good things about the statons..they are just a little more pricey..

Funny one guy above was banned for dredging up, replying to any old thread (from 2006, lol) in what he thought was a clever way to spam the cheap, china made bunglebee. Hmmm interesting, are we seeing a pattern here?

Funny one guy above was banned for dredging up, replying to any old thread (from 2006, lol) in what he thought was a clever way to spam the cheap, china made bunglebee. Hmmm interesting, are we seeing a pattern here?
Bumblebee isn't made in china..the engines are before they are transformed into bike motors. there half made in china the other half is made in america..think what you want..it doesn't bother me. i have a life outside of the internet..

"Transformed into bike motors"? Hilarious. Slapping stickers on is a transformation but hey maybe the decals are made in the USA, lol.

Back