why i wish i would have never bought a bicycle engine kit

S

steveadicks

1. The front motor mount broke after a few days. cost me $20
2. The spokes broke twice $50
3. The bolts all come loose and fall off. $10
4. The weel popped off.
5. The muffler fell off, twice, and when i was fixing it it burnt my arm
6. Gas leaked all over my garage when i was trying to fix it.
7. You really cant turn off the gas, so it floods the carb, and is very hard to start up in the morning.
8. You get oil all over your hand, cloths, and houce when you fix it, because all the seals suck and it gets all over the engine, and all over your bike.
9. My bike broke down on me almost every time I rode it.
10. these are not a cheaper form of transportation, they break down, and cost alot to fix. A scooter is alot better.

that kinda sucks. where did u get your motor it sounds like the first one i had which came broken cuz someone dropped it in the mail.

yikes. sounds like a test of patience and endurance. i don't think yours is a very common experience, but i feel for ya.

Wow, none of those things have ever happened to me.

I think it depends on which kit you get, how you install it and what bike you install it on. My bike only crapped out on me once when I first put it together and the chain fell off. That was about it.

yup, steveadicks, it's too bad you've had such an un-fun experience...no offense intended, but FYI for others who read this...many of your woes can prolly be chalked up to lack of detailing during initial install.

i have had no bicycle-related problems, nor have i got a floor-full of fuel, not a drop at all. i've sed before these chinese engines aren't for everyone, they're a bit tricky to install correctly and to maintain properly.

anyone who doesn't have at least a lil "gearhead" in them should stick with an easier to run rack-mount kit.

Broke azz enginge

Hey Steve. What are you going to do with your engine? Want to sell it. By the way What does your screen name Steveadicks mean anyway.

i was just really pissed off when I wrote that, I had just gotten it fixed, and it was sprinkling and I decided to take it for a spin, and when I was riding back it started poaring. Now it wont run, I really liked riding it, and i hope to fix it.

Wont run

Maybe you just do not have it choked or something. Did you put oil in the gas when you built it?

Oil leak

My engine leaked oil, and it was just that I did not have the spark plug tightened up enough. On all of the bolts that loosen,Lock tite goes a long way. to keep bolts from backing out. I use medium grade. Maybe you did not put the carburator together right. Let me know and maybe I can help. Not maybe, but I am sure I can. Do not give up because once you get all of the bugs worked out it is way cool, and lots of fun.

Back