Why is BikeBerry so bad?

Chucklittle14

Local time
8:19 PM
Ok, so when I first started this hobby in the spring last year, I was thinking about buying a kit from bikeberry. I decided not to as their youtube videos showed they did not have a lot of knowledge on the subject. Do they just sell Chinese kits at a raised price? Anyway why are they so bad... Ive heard some terrible complaints, but the reviews on their site are good (4.6 out of 5 I think)

If you have a vendor who sucks it's because they just don't care about customers. It's profit 1st and foremost. Cheapest isn't always the best buy if no service after the purchase.

Staton, GEBE and some others are best. Pricey but their stuff lasts a along time. Some people also prefer some CG suppliers like bicycle motor works and others. Bikeberry and gasbike both have horrible policies about missing items. Gasbike tries to say after 7 days you can't get your part. If you've bought anything since you started the hobby you should probably be frustrated by now as everything seems to break. A bike with better parts will be alot less frustrating so keep that in mind. If you can find any parts made in Japan, Taiwan or the US invest in those.

Ok, so when I first started this hobby in the spring last year, I was thinking about buying a kit from bikeberry. I decided not to as their youtube videos showed they did not have a lot of knowledge on the subject. Do they just sell Chinese kits at a raised price? Anyway why are they so bad... Ive heard some terrible complaints, but the reviews on their site are good (4.6 out of 5 I think)
i personally dont see a diffrence between bike berry/gasbike and ebay kits, i just dont. other than a sticker they look the exactly the same but bike berrys is 40$ more. if you compare there "bbr tuning stage 3" for 229$ its just a stock engine with a "hp" carb and a clone fred head. i could littery build a better engine for the same (or even cheaper) price (that would be 10X better) using a real fred head, and a 18mm mikuni carb
i dont trust reviews as much anymore. there are just too many fake reviews now (willing to bet that bikeberry deletes review or makes up more fake reviews so they can look like people love them)
just my opinion :)

Last edited:
haha yeah BB sux. I bought like 3 things from them 2 years ago, and tried to review and ask questions about this or that. and they didn't post them until recently, 2 years later. them and the others mentioned above import bulk from cheapest suppliers, never looking at the parts just use a supplier's pic and offer for sale at higher $. oh and BB sometimes makes cheesy videos. that's why they charge more lol
go with BicycleMotorWorks they have a good rep

The main gripe about BikeBerry is that they don't really know much about what it is they are selling. They've tried to get better about that over the years, but they are still far, far from Staton, GEBE, SBP, and VMB as examples. Those companies have proper knowledge of their products.

Edit: What I mean is they actually use what they sell because they were started by real enthusiasts.

But when you get down to it, there's a horror story to be had from any seller, and good stories, too.
I'm 66% successful with BB so far lol (2/3 good times)

Last edited:
Heh..I find it funny that they even sell "kits" like that. Those engines are from the go-kart world and shouldn't even need a kit.
The willingness and ability to set up/think up a proper mount and drivetrain should be the entry "fee" for it. It was already too easy.

They are nothing like the chinagirl or the Huasheng. HT was always a bicycle assist engine and the small 4-strokes had drives built for them. They aren't powerful enough for a go-kart, and go-kart power really shouldn't be adapted to a bicycle, IMO. HT was always more than powerful enough. Sure you could and it's fun, but so is a real motorcycle. It's cheaper to buy a used motorycle (<1K) than it is to build a strong bike (>1K). When your bicycle doesn't need to be pedaled at all, or can't for more than a block or two, you've kinda lost the point of these things, I think.

Heh..I find it funny that they even sell "kits" like that. Those engines are from the go-kart world and shouldn't even need a kit.
The willingness and ability to set up/think up a proper mount and drivetrain should be the entry "fee" for it. It was already too easy.

They are nothing like the chinagirl or the Huasheng. HT was always a bicycle assist engine and the small 4-strokes had drives built for them. They aren't powerful enough for a go-kart, and go-kart power really shouldn't be adapted to a bicycle, IMO. HT was always more than powerful enough. Sure you could and it's fun, but so is a real motorcycle. It's cheaper to buy a used motorycle (<1K) than it is to build a strong bike (>1K). When your bicycle doesn't need to be pedaled at all, or can't for more than a block or two, you've kinda lost the point of these things, I think.
Well, I was planning on putting a 5hp Briggs on mine ;)
but these engines are agricultural engines (ie ment for tillers, pressure washers, snowblowers etc.)
These engine weren't ment for go karts but they worked really well (if I'm not mistaken, Briggs made a engine specifically for racing, and tecumseh made ones for mini bikes) these engine need dont really need modifications but if you did you got more power (my local go kart track uses Honda gx200 engines, they just bypassed the govener, they didnt even take them out!)
But I believe if you have a 79cc engine, that's the limit on a motorized bike, because bike frames are ment for foot not engine power.
Just wanted to throw some information out there :)

Back