Why is everything MADE IN CHINA?

I'm now piecing together parts for my next build and I think I will invest in a $400 GIANT mountain bike they have dual discs and look really well made. They are made in Taiwan which is also an asian country but they look well built. There are some good brands for components, Shimano, Suntour maybe you guys can tell me some other good brands. Finding American made heavy duty bicycle parts is extremely hard as any online store usually is flooded with these Chinese parts. Amazon, Ebay all of it. The GIANT mountain bike with the Subaru would be a really nice bike. A good engine and a good bike is what most of these guys want but they get upset when something breaks. Most of them don't know there's any other engine types except for the 2 smoke clunkers. The problem is a lot of small engines have been discontinued for whatever reason. Most of them were for brush cutters and outdoor equipment. I feel the quality is slightly and I say slightly better for Chinese engines that have a brand name. If it's unbranded you can forget quality. I have looked at some better kits and I don't think I'm a fan of friction drive. Replacing tires all the time doesn't seem fun. Really there is only a few American made kits that are good the Staton chain drive and the Golden eagle bike engines kit (which I have).

Last edited:
China has the ability to produce high quality "stuff", and does produce quite a bit, but the consumer also pays for that higher quality. The last time you looked at a new engine, did you choose a higher dollar engine or the cheaper one? Most likely the cheaper ones, that seems to be the trend in past threads and posts. That right there cuts the incentive for the Chinese manufacturer to produce quality, why make it of you cannot sell it???

Look at the Honda knockoffs, most will be made through a license with Honda to their specs. More money, but also more reliability, same goes for some of the other knockoffs, but then on the other hand, some are just knockoffs trying to steal your money, so buy beware.

I thought about naming my bike "Made In China" lol. You can get quality from China. Compare a Zeda case to an eBay case and you can see the difference. When you buy the cheapest or from sellers/ vendors that have a bad rep you get junk.

thats been my exact experiences with these vendors ive purchased at least 1 item from everyone i know or could find and theres like 5 total good vendors in my books BMW,Bicycle-Engine.com,MZmiami,SBP,ZedaMotorsports,BoyGoesFast,Gru-Bee.net, and CDHPower isnt to bad but it gets shady messing with ebay or alibaba or banggood, gasbike, bike berry and a ffew others

Moderators Note:
Please be aware that Zeda Motor Sports and Robert Bianchi have nothing to do with Zeda itself which is a manufacturer of Zeda Motors in China.
A reputable vendor of the Zeda line of motors can be found at bicycle-engines.com

Mostly out of curiosity I got a 52cc Chinese chainsaw from the electronic bay for $90 and it works good. Already killed a few trees with it. Better in quality than a Mexican assembled Mac i have.

If you like science fiction I'll tell you why.

A solo space pilot recovering from a tidal time wave that swept across the universe defending Earth mission against horbot toad aliens defeated billions turning them back into space only to find a new invasion coming Asians by the billions too, but some what friendly well communicate on radio looking at his weapons fuel supply it would be risky to take all on he might run out in space battle and lose all, so he makes a deal with them that he should of just kept his mouth shut!

You can have half the side of the planet we'll take the other and you can make us all products at a very cheap affordable price to explain your existence and give you something to do!
Oh so sounds like very good deal!

and then you have WM (ChinaMart lol) where everything is China crap, well not all bcs some of the clothing comes from Bangladesh, Morocco, Mexico and Malaysia and you get the picture hahaha. even the fish sometimes comes in cases with Chinese symbols

Walmart bikes need a lot of parts replaced to build a reliable commuting motorized bike. If you take the pedals off and look at the bearings there will almost always be metal chips, paint chips and who knows what else in there as well as in the wheels. Sealed bearing hubs with good brand bearings should last a long time but then you have to buy or build separate wheels. The Walmart bike frames are often welded poorly or the geometry of the bike is off. Mag wheels seem like one of the best choices. You can put a threaded cassette on or a single speed for a cruiser. Plus you don’t have to tighten or replace bent spokes from a shifting sprocket adapter. It’s one of the best ways to mount the rear engine sprocket since it’s rock solid and can’t move. Both rag joints and aluminum adapters move.

disc mount drive is good, but for mags, I am against them (I think you can getem on walmart.com too haha) they are one-piece, and deteriorate bcs they are cast aluminum and non-fixable really. heavier than spoked rims and not flexible if you hit a sizable bump. they are pretty stiff and the motorcycle mfgr's are using them, but then they have good suspension to accommodate. ease of use is a plus tho. bolt it on, no truing needed.
High end 3 spoke wheels($700+) are a different breed tho. cheapest I found 26" was a $259/set (from Taiwan)
there are disc hubs of all types wheels. just think spokes are more forgiving of abuse and repairable in the long run

Back