Why No Tool Bags?

I have a wald folding rear basket and a walmart small cooler with a velcro lid, hols all my tools nicely. Fits perfectly for $9.88,

HEY ALL:

How about a small tool bag to strap on to my rear rack, which is 11" long and 5-1/2" wide?

I've seen some pictures of rack bags, but they're too tall...I would bash 'em every time I swung my leg over to mount the bike!

HAL

Attachments

• IMG_1362.JPG
    IMG_1362.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 206
HEY ALL:

How about a small tool bag to strap on to my rear rack, which is 11" long and 5-1/2" wide?

I've seen some pictures of rack bags, but they're too tall...I would bash 'em every time I swung my leg over to mount the bike!

HAL

The Smaller tool bags from a motorcycle as per used on road and trail type motorcycles might be a better fit something like this perhaps-->

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Ballistic-Ny...3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:2|65:1|39:1|240:1318

Would fit nicely on the rack :)

KiM

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
HEY...I KNOW!

I did this once before on a bicycle:

I built a wooden box, stained it, and bolted it to the rear rack...it worked great!

Maybe I can find a wood, metal, or plastic box at Lowes or a Craft Shop.

HAL

HEY LORDxxxxxxx

I'll also check Salvation Army & other thrift stores...Thanks!

HAL

I just said "Goodwill" cause there are 3 within 3 miles, but other thrift stores work too. I am also lucky because I live close to a Tandy leather store, too.

I got a Bontrager rim for $2 the other day.

I also found a laptop bag that is going to be the second pannier for my bike. It is not exactly the same as my first one but a pretty good match. Should look nice with both on the bike and add some symetry and balance.

hi Hal

in the old bike shop days my wife made our customers tool bags from leather
any leather worker should be able to set you up with exactly what you need

have a good day as you ride that motor bike THING

HEY!

Got me a "River Road" genuine Imitation Leather tool bag from CruiserCustomizing for $19.76. It straps onto my bars and has a Velcro closing flap.

It's just the right size for a few hand tools, Oscar's Bill of Sale, and my Cell Phone. Here's a picture:

HAL

Attachments

• IMG_1366.JPG
    IMG_1366.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_1367.JPG
    IMG_1367.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 226
Back