Why only CG builds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even with the upgraded balls the hub and pad holder/gear are both crappy metal they come rusty and untrue. Wobble all over the place. The motors are really a nightmare. But sadly this niche hobby will never get better if we support junk. Oh well. I'm working on getting rid of some of these crappy parts so I can move on to other things.

You watch man when batteries get a lot cheaper the trend will go from building cheap China Girl powered bikes to cheap electric bikes. Bikes are a low cost transportation. China girls and e hubs are very low cost. Like the gebe kit and engine in the "for sale" forum i seen you commenting on. There is a reason it's still for sale. My 1100cc motorcycle was $225 cheaper than just that kit. Just they way i look at it.

I rode an electric bike when I was on vacation in Florida. It was black with mag wheels and hydraulic brakes. It was kinda cool but don't really like the assist mode where it only kicks on when you pedal. I'm used to it pulling when I pull the throttle only. Might try a front hub at some point.

yeah no mid drive,, but I think the batteries will get better tho stay same prices for a few years

I didn't even install the pedal assist cadence sensor on my wife's bike. Just twist the throttle and go. I'm really liking the front hub set up as well. And with e hub no extra drag or noise from the extra chain and clutch. Pedals like a regular still.

Even with the upgraded balls the hub and pad holder/gear are both crappy metal they come rusty and untrue. Wobble all over the place. The motors are really a nightmare. But sadly this niche hobby will never get better if we support junk. Oh well. I'm working on getting rid of some of these crappy parts so I can move on to other things.

The wobble is from the cheap bearings with too much slop.

Mine don't wobble, I have one with 600 miles on it already and its still like when I installed it.

Stfu crybaby! It will never get better with people who cry about it and do nothing to make it better.

So I see he has blocked me. Guess the 2 stroke troll doesn't like being trolled lol.

Last edited:
All this clutch talk really intrigues me. I know I'm only on my 6th cg in 13 years, and def had my share of issues, but the clutch was never one of them. I always wore the engine out before the clutch! Still, these clutch upgrades look like they're worth doing for even a low-revving cg workhorse.

All this clutch talk really intrigues me. I know I'm only on my 6th cg in 13 years, and def had my share of issues, but the clutch was never one of them. I always wore the engine out before the clutch! Still, these clutch upgrades look like they're worth doing for even a low-revving cg workhorse.
The older clutches were pretty reliable, but there was a huge batch from CDH/Jilin Zeda China around November last year that all came defective with a mix of soft bearings and too large tolerances that was causing them to fail within 100 miles. Longest I got was 60 miles on one and shortest was within 10 miles before failure. They claimed it only effected "some" kits but I ordered 5 from that batch and all five were defective.

I replaced them with old clutches I ordered online, and used one to compare to the old ones before rebuilding it.

Guys, guys, guys... I don't know what you are talking about. Admittedly I have been running 2 strokes for many decades. I used to curse 2 strokes until I learned what they needed. Yes, the China Girl is cheaply made, even the bearings in it, but isn't pricepoint what the customer is asking for?

But if it self destructs in 100 miles? Hey, I've taken 100 mile daily rides on mine, what's up with yours?

These motors are perfectly designed for what they are supposed to do: 25mph universal bicycle assist at the lowest cost.
This is why they sell so well.

Years ago I was into 4X4 off-roading. Most of us bought an old truck or SUV and put $$$ in to rebuild it. I had a buddy buy a brand new Lada Niva. It was cheaper new than our old 4x4 trucks used. He brought it home, ignored the warrantee, and completely dismantled it. New SKF bearings and seals, Painted and undercoated the inner fenders, and many other fine touches let this Niva run trouble free for many years. Doing this to a China girl could not hurt.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back