Why only CG builds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honda already beat you to that with their 4.5 hp pushrod 50 cc engine when they introduced the C-100 Supercub in 1958.

Frankly, I'll be happy with a couple h.p. if it holds together for a few thousand miles.
So Honda builds CG engines now? Sounds stupid right? So does your irrelevant post. Where are we talking or asking about hondas?

I think Lewie was on my earlier post about the 1hp per 10cc (aka 100hp/liter). sure plenty engines out of the box that have that level of power, but this is something I want to do with my CG bike. kind of a learning experience for me.

Maybe but he quoted me so......
Random post bug the s**t out of me lol!

1HP per 10CC is a lot harder than the old tried-and-true 1HP per cubic inch. I've always felt that to be a good goal to achieve on an older-tech engine. Going beyond that requires much more work and can often compromise the good low-end torque to achieve it.

Ofc, this is 2-strokin we're talking about here, so 1HP per CI might be considered tame, heh. 10cc is about 0.61 ci.

CC / 16.387 = ci
ci * 16.387 = CC

oh I agree. since I'm building a peaceful 4stroke cruiser to take over for the cg bike for trips, and kind of like to try racing a little bit with these cheap motors, itd be fun to tweak ports and compression to be close to competitive without buying a race ready setup. esp for the lower classes; those guys aren't running 7-8hp $900 engines.
can I get 1hp/10cc? probably not on a budget but pretty sure I can work a 66cc to 5hp and have something that won't finish last lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back