Why Won't It Start? I could use some expert ears. Please watch, let me know what you think.

Left side shift kit chain grinding on the drive sprocket cover. Thanks to @Chainlube for the heads up.

Grind the rest off or get a smaller chain. If you're inline good, bike chain works fine. Just don't get the cheap crap, the $100 plus stuff you don't need either. Mid price chain works just fine.

also check how the chain sits on the cog before anything. it might be a bike chain cog on a 415hd chain. sitting high because its made for a smaller link of the same reach.

Grind the rest off or get a smaller chain. If you're inline good, bike chain works fine. Just don't get the cheap crap, the $100 plus stuff you don't need either. Mid price chain works just fine.

also check how the chain sits on the cog before anything. it might be a bike chain cog on a 415hd chain. sitting high because its made for a smaller link of the same reach.

I had 2 bike builds that I had to grind that spot out . https://prnt.sc/1trb5bp
Yeah I ground that out already. Good to know it's a workable cure.

I got it started today but not without a lot of pedaling and using the throttle. And it is not running properly. I'm editing a video now. Hopefully one of you can diagnose what the problem is.

link it to me when ya get it up. I say try a 68-69 ( 66cc , 66-67 for 50cc) jet needle in the middle, no choke, leave your meat grabbers off the choke, let it roll a few feet after the clutch is out, then give it a 1/4 twist and let go. If it act's like it wants to go, tink the throttle a little. Keep pedaling the whole time, help it get going till ya get it tuned right. An if I haven't said it yet, keep ya meat grabbers off that choke. It's tripping ya up. Keep it off, it's nice out, you don't need it yet.

link it to me when ya get it up. I say try a 68-69 ( 66cc , 66-67 for 50cc) jet needle in the middle, no choke, leave your meat grabbers off the choke, let it roll a few feet after the clutch is out, then give it a 1/4 twist and let go. If it act's like it wants to go, tink the throttle a little. Keep pedaling the whole time, help it get going till ya get it tuned right. An if I haven't said it yet, keep ya meat grabbers off that choke. It's tripping ya up. Keep it off, it's nice out, you don't need it yet.
Uploading it now.

Back