Why???

geebt48cc

Local time
9:55 PM
Hey,Hey,

66cc is running very well at 400 miles. I've been checking plug, and its been right in the zone of chocolate color. Well, today I took bike out for a few, and it did great as always. I looked at plug, and it was white????????????

Strange, not any air leaks? Running perfect? Go figure?????????????/

Glen:cry:

gas and oil the same? could be some trash in the carb causing it to run lean. clean that jet.

.......Jag, you're a good man. I'll check jet.........I've just got a $3 dollar inline filter on it. That's about the only thing that it could be sense it runs like it always has?

pull the fuel line off the carb and turn the fuel petcock to the on position and check for a meager flow (normal). If it is a pitiful dribble then its either the filter or the in-tank petcock filter which can at least be temporarily cleaned by blowing into the line.
but trust me you did seize it and there is unwanted aluminum from the piston stuck to the inside of the cylinder. done it many times.

Jag, are you saying that the motor seized without me even knowing it? Wouldn't I had been able to feel or hear something if that had happened to motor when riding? See, I just by chance chopped plug, and then saw that it was very white. The bike ran and runs like it always has when plug has always been a nice chocolate color, but after this few mile run this time, bike ran as normal, but plug was white ?

I'll do what you said.............

Glen

oops! I got crossed on threads and thought yours was the one where the guy seized. sorry

No, No, Jag, don't worry .............(ALL is good) Jag, it would be so very eas\y to do that when you answer so many of these randon questions on these HT's.

...........Hey, keep up the great work you do............

Glen

Jag, I took bowl off, blew/cleaned jet and buttoned back up. Took out 3/miles, and came back to chop plug and found it was a perfect white??? ****? Like I said, it's been chocolate colored all summer, but now still runs the same, but with white plug? Needle is set 4th down from top flat,25:1? Looks like it would be on rich side?? It does not rev high/when off throttle, and idles great.............Confuzed here?

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 200
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
It's hard to see in your album photos but it looks like you have clear fuel line and an in-line filter. As long as there's fuel in the line on top of the carb your tank isn't starving the carb for fuel. Try a larger jet and plug chop. With a small drill index and solder re-jetting is quick and easy. Can you get it four-stroke with partial choke on? It looks like you're running on the lean side of a good fuel/air mixture. Not lean enough to bog at high rpm but lean anyway. You want to run a little on the rich side of good fuel/air mixture for sufficient lubrication. Expansion chambers cause leaning out.

Thanks Jon, appreciate the ideas. Well, when I first started playing with these bikes I used clear fuel line, but using 1/4 rubber line now. Uno, everything is true what your saying about the bigger jet size, but what I don't understand is how it changed from being a good chocolate color all summer to white now? I've gone over every possibility, and all is well? The only thing I've done is gone from a 50:1 mix, to a now 25:1 mix. See, I changed mixing ratio because I've read so much about how people wish they had used a thicker mix. So, I am switching now back to forever 25:1. I'm still using Amsoil Dominater synthetic. I know that's pretty thick for synthetic, but remember it's from China.

I wonder if that had anything to change burn from chocolate to white? You would think that it would become darker being richer? Go figure????

Back