Wich spare parts sould I have?

Bluestraveller

Local time
4:00 PM
Hi,I'm just finish to mount my skyhawk motor on my bike, and it's working Great! (just seems a little lack in O2 because it burps alot!! ) It's my second ride, and maybe you know already; I'm going to take it to Cuba! But what spare parts sould I buy before I go? Clutch cable? sprak plug? Wich one will die first?

Thank you and have a sefe ride! :)

Is there a way to vote this guy off the island?

Trollololo...
No but seriously ? One of my friends that live near from my house's have seen my bike and tested it, and he want one's too! So in the mean time, I'm gonna order some parts that it's more prone to fail. Better to be safe than sorry! :)

Imo an extra wire loop and cdi would be hard to get there! and then a complete top end replacement could keep it running for years!

How long will you be in Cuba?
A year or more? Take two spare complete engines, 4 CDI's and 6 sparkplugs.
J/K. I don't know.
How about converting to a Tanaka engine? Then bring a spare pull start and 6 sparkplugs.

How long? About a week or 2 for the moment, but the bike's gonna stay there.

I'm gonna try with these chinese motor for the moment. It's more affordable, and it will be almost a donation to one of my 69 years old friend that live there.

Get a GOOD chain tensioner, a strong rear wheel and sprocket mount, replace ALL of the chinese bolts and mounts that you can, and pack a spare CDI and some decent quality spark plugs, oh and replace the top end bearing with a stihl needle bearing or decent bushing and the thing should last a looooong time. If you want to be extra sure pack a new top end as well for $40 bucks

How long? About a week or 2 for the moment, but the bike's gonna stay there.

I'm gonna try with these chinese motor for the moment. It's more affordable, and it will be almost a donation to one of my 69 years old friend that live there.
If the bikes stays as a gift to an old person, then 2 complete spare engines, 4 CDI's, 6 sparkplugs, a cell phone, a AAA card and medical coverage.

spare piston and jug and spare cdi. upgrade the wrist pin bearing preemptively. anything else can be handled on the home front, Cubans are crafty

Back