Wicker Bike?

S

Scottm

I like to stop by antique malls and shops to see if someone is selling something I might like. One of the bikes I found there was entirely wrapped in wicker. The fenders, handle grips, chain guard and a few extra parts were made in wicker. I have no idea what kind of bike it is. I think they wanted $100.

Attachments

• 12-28-07_1404.jpg
    12-28-07_1404.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 522
  • 12-28-07_1406.jpg
    12-28-07_1406.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 541
  • 12-28-07_1407.jpg
    12-28-07_1407.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 533
  • 12-28-07_1409.jpg
    12-28-07_1409.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 535
Wow, Pete, I didn't think of that. There is actually an organization in Africa trying to make them for the poor communities.

I have sworn off buying another bike until I find that special one. I missed a Sears Spaceliner for $125 a few months ago, and I've regretted it ever since. So that's why I keep hitting the antique malls.
My garage is like a black hole, everytime I clean it out it fills back up. My neighbor cleaned out his garage when I did last time. He threw out 2 26in huffys. Guess where they are now.

Corker! - I like that:D Right! now where did I see all that bamboo growing the other day......

i saw on invention nation they had bamboo bikes made in oregon they looked awesome i bet theyre expensive though

other crazy bammboo bikes

The first pic is of a bike I saw in Pacific Beach, San Diego,CA
The bamboo is just added for easthetics, not as a structural element, but looks cool. It has a long fur seat, leopard skin on the light body and a stand that looks like an exhaust once pulled up. Actually the owner pattented this exhaust-stand. It has a twin bamboo cilinder "engine" and tank. This bike is all about style.
The other pic is a composite bamboo bike; this one is real, all about function; more expensive, with carbon fiber and epoxy joints; but very light.

Attachments

• crazy_bamboo_bike.jpg
    crazy_bamboo_bike.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 539
  • bamboo2.jpg
    bamboo2.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 682
Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, looks like something the professor from Gilligan's Island would come up with.
That bike I saw at the antique store was a regular frame wrapped in wicker. I just can't imagine someone having or taking the time to wrap an entire bike.

Back