Wide pedal crank kit & warning

dougsr.874

Local time
6:54 AM
I have a Schwinn one piece pedal crank bike...trying to convert to 3 piece wide pedal....I ordered what I thought I needed from Gasbike....turns out it was the wrong kit....did not include the outer pieces that goes into the crank hole so that you can screw the bearing cup holders into...went back to their site an ordered the more expensive kit that was SUPPOSED to include everything I needed....got it today and its the exact same thing I got on the first order except I paid $50. for the first kit and $60. for the second..... the picture on their site shows it as being what I need...SO THEY SENT WHAT I DIDN'T ORDER.....NOW THEY WILL NOT ANSWER THE PHONE NOR RESPOND TO LIVE CHAT OR EMAIL...SO I'M SCREWED OUT OF $110.....If anyone has the parts I need I will buy them.....just the outer parts as I now have 2 of everything else.....DON'T BUY FROM THIS SITE....KingsBikes & Zone 8 and Gasbike is all the same company...and are crooks...

I have a Schwinn one piece pedal crank bike...trying to convert to 3 piece wide pedal....I ordered what I thought I needed from Gasbike....turns out it was the wrong kit....did not include the outer pieces that goes into the crank hole so that you can screw the bearing cup holders into

Many of the parts from your original 1 piece cranks are re-used.
That is what keeps the cost down.
The longer shaft that attaches the same as you original cranks is just to be able to get the new sprocket and wider cranks on.

...went back to their site an ordered the more expensive kit that was SUPPOSED to include everything I needed....got it today and its the exact same thing I got on the first order except I paid $50. for the first kit and $60. for the second..... the picture on their site shows it as being what I need...SO THEY SENT WHAT I DIDN'T ORDER.....NOW THEY WILL NOT ANSWER THE PHONE NOR RESPOND TO LIVE CHAT OR EMAIL...SO I'M SCREWED OUT OF $110.....If anyone has the parts I need I will buy them.....just the outer parts as I now have 2 of everything else.....DON'T BUY FROM THIS SITE....KingsBikes & Zone 8 and Gasbike is all the same company...and are crooks...

Natioinwide Access (gasbike/Kings) are just a US receiving warehouse for Chinese goods they in turn mark up a bit and resale in the boxes they came in for the US market.
They have no clue what is inside or how it works anymore than a stock puller at a wallmart making $8 an hour.

For guys like me that don't need help and search for deals, usually pretty good for me.

If you need your hand held to just do simple bicycle work I doubt you will find any vendor willing to sit on the phone with you for hours for the $20 they made moving the box on to you.
I wouldn't and why I won't sell engine kits here even if I have some.

Since you need wide cranks I'll assume a 7G 4-stroke kit?
If you think just making it pedal was hard the really not fun is ahead.

Obviously you think I'm an idiot...and I DON'T NEED MY HAND HELD and I don't appreciate your condescending tone...that said let me correct you ...there are NO parts from the bike that can be reused....and this NOT the first time I've done this conversion.....so I know what I'm talking about.....you're not the only EXPERT on this subject......and I'll restate my original quote...DON'T BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE.....

Last edited:
I have a Schwinn one piece pedal crank bike...trying to convert to 3 piece wide pedal....I ordered what I thought I needed from Gasbike....turns out it was the wrong kit....did not include the outer pieces that goes into the crank hole so that you can screw the bearing cup holders into...went back to their site an ordered the more expensive kit that was SUPPOSED to include everything I needed....got it today and its the exact same thing I got on the first order except I paid $50. for the first kit and $60. for the second..... the picture on their site shows it as being what I need...SO THEY SENT WHAT I DIDN'T ORDER.....NOW THEY WILL NOT ANSWER THE PHONE NOR RESPOND TO LIVE CHAT OR EMAIL...SO I'M SCREWED OUT OF $110.....If anyone has the parts I need I will buy them.....just the outer parts as I now have 2 of everything else.....DON'T BUY FROM THIS SITE....KingsBikes & Zone 8 and Gasbike is all the same company...and are crooks...

Sorry you didn't get what you needed. I'd been mad also on the second order. Some of these dealers are way better than others.

Sorry you didn't get what you needed. I'd been mad also on the second order. Some of these dealers are way better than others.

Gasbike sells what you order, they're a werehouse tat's it........................you ordered the wrong kit! ADMIT IT?

MBR you accused KC of a mistake and you've made many. Quit please.

Back