wide pedal install quesion

artmaker

Local time
6:17 AM
So got a two stroke bike, decided to put on a pull starter, already had the pedal crank out and put in the new main pedal axle, then the whole project sat for months because I could not get the thing to start. Something electrical. So today I was gonna get help thought I'd get out there and finish putting the pedal thing together and wow. The sides both have a nut, that fits into the pedal arm and NOT A SINGLE TOOL I OWN will fit in the given space. Except a tiny needle nose pliers and how would one tighten a rather critical part with that?

See photos to understand what I'm talking about.

Attachments

• IMG_0558.JPG
    IMG_0558.JPG
    224.8 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0559.JPG
    IMG_0559.JPG
    236.7 KB · Views: 99
You need a set of sockets and a ratchet.
Possibly even a a so-called "Thin Walled" socket of the correct size, I am assuming that nut or whatever is metric sized.

So got a two stroke bike, decided to put on a pull starter, already had the pedal crank out and put in the new main pedal axle, then the whole project sat for months because I could not get the thing to start. Something electrical. So today I was gonna get help thought I'd get out there and finish putting the pedal thing together and wow. The sides both have a nut, that fits into the pedal arm and NOT A SINGLE TOOL I OWN will fit in the given space. Except a tiny needle nose pliers and how would one tighten a rather critical part with that?

Of course you know that those pull starts don't last very long, if at all? You're better off just going down hill, then walking back up and trying again.

I have a ratchet set, it doesn't fit. Space around the nut isn't big enough for even a ratchet. A friend is telling me a chainsaw wrench but I don't think that will fit either. The ONLY thing I have that just barely fits, as I said is a small needle nose pliers. There has got to be a better tool.

The top portion of this crank puller is made for that. You can get this tool for less than $8 US, from eBay or Amazon

images.jpeg

Back