wider (longer) rear axle req'd; do they exist?

windbreaker

Local time
12:02 AM
I am in the process of installing a basic 66cc 2 stroke kit, my first, on a 35 year old Japanese Apollo 10 speed racer. Had to bend my rear frame stays apart 1/2" so the motor drive chain would not rub the horizontal stay. I've got good chain-frame clearance now, but insufficient axle threads showing to properly secure the nuts.

Has anyone ever heard of a place that sells longer axles? The original axle width is <7", so please advise if you know of one significantly longer-preferably 8" or >, as I intend to hook a trailer hitch to both sides of the axle, TIA

Hi and Welcome to Motoredbikes. Don't know the answer to your question, you likely would get more response if you posted your question in an approiate section of the forum.
I guess you could bend the rear portion of the frame back toward the axle if you wanted.

First be sure of what thread and pitch you need for the axle...

They do exist, I bought mine from my local bike shop back when I installed the GEBE

Just be sure of what you need, and check with your local bike shop, they have catalogs for ordering such parts... it took a day or two for mine to come in

If you bring your axel or just a nut that fits it to a shop that serves the local machinest and welders with supplies, They should be able to fix you up with the proper threaded rod in any length you need.

Back