Wifes Trike

yea, yea, what you going to doooo, but the 20 inch wheels all around look way cooler!!!!

my new colorful rollers (red blue and green!!!!)came in today, so hopefully over the weekend i might get a chance to do some work, my drive side axle had started to squeak... not a good sign so i will strip it down and do some greasing etc, hopefully nothing too major.

back soon, with pic of my colorful new rollers !!!!!

Life can throw some curveballs thats for sure, at the start of the year my wife was like any normal person.... then she was diagnosed with MS, currently she is in a wheelchair unable to walk but we take one day at a time and with the right cocktail of meds we will beat this back into remission, it sucks but with the two young kids ...STAYING STRONG is the most important thing we can do right now.

Anyhow enough about that had a couple of hours to get on the new slicks, and roller (1 1/5) on there, speed went up...didnt top it out but i was travelling at 29 mph Quickly !!!!!

The setup had alot more vibration threw to the frame, wether it was the new roller or the thinner tires will have to wait and see, will mess around with it a little again tomorrow. After a couple of trips up and down my street i blew out the tube on the drive side. The tube was running high psi around 100 which is the normal pressure for these tires, i did have a tire liner in but the blow out was on the inside, spoke nuts, maybe i had the roller pressure set to hard.. will have to get a new tube and some wheel liner tomorrow and mess around again.

had a chance to work some more on the trike today. I added some rubber strips around the mounting points of the trike and added the new heavy duty tubes today.

Yesterdays blowout - caused by severe over pressure in the tires, my first set of kenda tires could run on 100 psi,the replacements only 65 max yoops no wonder there was such a loud bang.... Will upgrade tires again to the high pressure once i find them on the internet.

Still trying to get the angle of the drive wheel lined up with the wheel and still trying to get it centered over the wheel when it engages, ongoing battle, until then i am staying away from the 1 .75 roller.

Back to normal speed today, the vibration is gone, without touching the throttle it cruises at 18mph which is about perfect for the trike.

Its been such beautiful weather here its crazy 80 in the afternoon, that i have had to sneak a couple of spins on the trike. Running great, will have to do an oil change in the next day or so and then get ready to thread lock everything down.

Might even pluck up the courage to put the 1.75 on and see how faster i can get up too, as of yet i have not messed with any of the restrictor nuts and bolts so i now am at the bottom of this engines potential, but on the trike cruising between 15 to 18 mph is a dream anything over 20 and well lets just say am glad am sitting down..

Will probably pick up the front fairing over the winter and make that handy shelf i found on one my previous bookmarks....

you guys still out there i hope.....

Glad to here the trike is running good, I know what your saying about this weather weve been having its been great. Now what handy shelf are you talking about?

they gave rain for next week i will believe it when i see it, i actually live in the foothills of mount charleston which will probably end up getting some snow, its always a fun trip going sledging with the little ones....

well they called it a battery deck, handy shelf whatever....

scroll half way down the page and you will see it, and they want $50 for a peice of painted plywood.

It should work and not get in the way of my extended trailer hitch.

http://www.electric-bikes.com/betterbikes/customization.html

sorry haven't been around for a while wifes health hasn't been too good so not much spare time to do anything!!!

Still have to do my oil change before i take it out for a ride soon, the last time i got to do anything i finished off the light setup on the back of my gebe, hopefully by spring the trike and gebe will be finished so i can start riding more and less tinkering, i have a video camera ready to go,

maybe if am crazy enough, or have a death wish, i could go for a cruise down the VEGAS STRIP...

chances are a would get squashed by a stretched hummer before getting pulled over by the flashing red white and blue...

Back