Wifes Trike

Last edited:
spent an hour or so getting on the chain etc. Took for a quick up and down the street and boy does she move, reaches 20 mph fast, it was getting faster with every run, my max top speed was 30 mph,

needs some work, chain pretty loose although it looks spot on as far as been lined up with the freewheel.

The engine smooth the RS purrs but the gearbox screams, once you hit the gas it was like a roaring banshee,(NO HORN NEEDED) this will quiet down with mileage i hope, over all i pleased with the results, now all i have to do is get my wife to ride it !!!!!!

Have been riding around the neighbourhood the last couple of days, like the new setup alot just need to add a kill switch closer to the seat or on the handle bars at the moment it is on the engine casing.

The last thing i will add to the trike will be a front fairing, although having seen patrickw's trailmate, those 24inch wheels sure would be nice, maybe my local bike store could lace up some wheels using the existing hubs (which have the disk brake setup) and new rims. The front fork might not take a 24 inch wheel but then i would have a dragster look going on, (20 at front 24 at rear) now that would be cool.

The vision...tinkering...spending.... never ends, and i am still trying to make room in the garage so i can start rebuilding my GEBE kit, not to mention the 12 volt lighting i was working on, not to mention the Trek Y26 i was going to convert to a cruzbike, learn to ride and then motorize it !!!!!!

I think i have my hands full for a while........

Went for about a 3 mile spin today, runs great,

I am glad i was able to afford to buy the prefabbed kits for my bikes, both the staton, DE and GEBE have worked flawless since they were installed. Not been to mechanically minded these were the perfect setups for me. For the most part easy to install and run straight out of the box....

IMG_2058.jpg

IMG_2061.jpg

IMG_2062.jpg

IMG_2063.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2065.jpg
    IMG_2065.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
Back