Wikipedia....

G

The "motorized bicycle" thing there is pretty weak.

Augi, have you thought of editing it complete with some moder photos or making a page for "motoredbikes"?

Anyone else care?

i care, but i'm not adept beyond some forum moderating...

anyone want to get with me & tom and see what could be done?

I could do it. I would just need a few specifics, such as how long the "movement" has been going on (in the U.S.)
I can post a link to this site, put up a brief bit about the bikes and I would be more than happy to post any info that is sent to me....Tom?

I think its a good idea. Maybe discuss the culture, the economic value and maybe the ban on the import of 2-stroke engines? Also you could discuss frame mount vs. rack mount and the different styles of bikes. Maybe say something about the BOM comp? This site started in August.

cool, 'joe...

the "welcome section" has a bit of pertinant info about MBc, see the dates of the mission statements and policies to help you correlate the details.

the recources page has links to other places that'll give a broader take on the "movement" as a whole.

my suggestion: why don't you have a look around, then post your ideas here, the whole community can chime in & eventually you'll have a great buncha content for the project.

Or I could just start a page on Wikipedia, a brief overview, then head 'em off in this direction!

When I ended my 5 year vacation from the internets in Sept 06, and found the Wikipedia entry for Motored Bikes, I thought "this must be THE most contentious issue besides religion"....

Then I realized, it basically was a one man versus common sense and knowledge battle:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Motorized_bicycle

When I joined Tom's forum, my thinking was "the forum can be the Encyclopedia".

We "could" copy the entire Wikipedia entry for motorized bikes, with the understanding that no one system overides any others.

History and development- we have experts
Specifics and measurements - we have experts
Usage and legalese - we have experts.

In other words, we take the existing Wikipedia, fiddle with it in our own way, then submit it to Wiki as an "alternate" but equal entry.....

Motorized bicycles - by Wiki
Motorized bicycles - as defined by MB.com

We could do it without all the technical "quibbling about NPOV" as illustrated by that paragraph by paragraph fight Wiki has been having.

on that page, under "external links" we are listed first, it would be cool if the listing could be edited to have the forum name in it, tho. anybody know how to do that?

I think a wikipedia editor is actually a member of the forum here... Also, it would be cool if we could remove the rel=nofollow tag from the link so that the search engines can see that we are listed on wikipedia......

Back